mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
New Zombie Book/Author

My buddy finished his first book. Its an adult zombie book and actually pretty good. He is refining his writing style every day so it will get better and better. Show some support and check it out. Repost this on other zombie sites too if you like it! He is still pending on hardcopy since the publisher is backlogged at the moment.

Blood, Brains and Bullets: Sean Liebling: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

My Feedback

everex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I too am in the process of writing a zombie book and then publishing it to Amazon. Already finished a book with another publisher. How easy was it to go through Amazon? What is his cut? The description makes the book sound fun...and raunchy.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
It is BOTH those things... Amazon was easy and I am unsure on the cut to be honest. he had it up on amazon in no time. Very adult themed book.

My Feedback

Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Its a sport of honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everex5 View Post
My buddy finished his first book. Its an adult zombie book and actually pretty good. He is refining his writing style every day so it will get better and better. Show some support and check it out. Repost this on other zombie sites too if you like it! He is still pending on hardcopy since the publisher is backlogged at the moment.

Blood, Brains and Bullets: Sean Liebling: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
Bought it, will get back to you all on how it is.

Deputy Sheriff/Death Investigator.
My day begins when yours ends.
Fridaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridaddy View Post
Bought it, will get back to you all on how it is.

Thanks man! I proofed it earlier and felt it really built up and was a strong read.. the hardest part was some of the grammar usage and the beginning was not as strong as the rest of it. But he had a deadline to meet and was not able to polish those parts before it was put online.

My Feedback

Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Its a sport of honor.

Well, I finished it.

It’s a fun read, although it needs proper editing. The author admits that, and will have his other books properly edited. Kudos to the author for admitting this and fixing it.

Now when one says adult, that means the hero of the book bangs several gals and it’s fairly explicit. The hero admits to being a “dog in heat” and wanting to get laid a lot. But it isn’t too distracting to the reader, in fact it does add a different twist to the story unlike other action type books.
The method of zombifacation, for lack of any other term, is vary plausible and scary. And perfect timing considering the current small epidemic that is going on. I was impressed.

The author raises one interesting point, all other zombie stories, movie, TV shows, show several men, a few women, and few children. (Not to start a sexist discussion) In fact men protect women, and families protect the children. So survivors would be about %50 children, %30+ women, and %20 men. So men having more than one “wife” would be the norm.
The e-book is very cheap, I suggest getting it if you have a Kindle. It’s a fun read and a well worth the price.

Oh, one last thing. I have been e-mailing the author back and forth for the past two weeks. Guess who is in the next two books, yes ME!

Deputy Sheriff/Death Investigator.
My day begins when yours ends.
Fridaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridaddy View Post

Oh, one last thing. I have been e-mailing the author back and forth for the past two weeks. Guess who is in the next two books, yes ME!
Nice!
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Just picked it up. I'm a sucker for zombie books. Ill let you know what I think when I'm done

eBay Feedback
MCB Feedback +4
Defect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Only about 3% through so far but here is what sticks out to me.
I don't speak perfect English, or even English half decent at that. I appreciate when a normal everyday use of the English language is used. It makes the characters seem real to me. But so far this seems to have curses in it just for the sake of being able to. Texting lingo is starting to pop up from the main characters interior thoughts. That's pretty annoying.
That aside the author is pretty descriptive without being overly Anne rice descriptive. He paints the scenes pretty well.
Ill keep on reading and follow up once I'm done. It's not bad so far, I'm not upset that I spent $2.99 on it, I just don't know if at this point I could recommend it.

eBay Feedback
MCB Feedback +4
Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

30% through the book now and I unfortunately have to stop. It's too casually written, everyone in the book happens to be professionally trained in multiple aspects.
The "need" for sex in the book doesnt fit at all and is way over used on top of that.
It's not believable. It's not enjoyable. Sorry.

eBay Feedback
MCB Feedback +4

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat