mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
They will continue to deliver packages and a few other things on Saturday. They want to stop delivering 1st class and bulk mail. They are losing $25 million a day at this point. Major changes have to be made and I don't think any of us are going to miss getting our bills on Saturday.

Feedback
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
They will continue to deliver packages and a few other things on Saturday. They want to stop delivering 1st class and bulk mail. They are losing $25 million a day at this point. Major changes have to be made and I don't think any of us are going to miss getting our bills on Saturday.
I kinda had a feeling thats the way it was going to be. From the article, they still work on saturday, just no "delivery" on saturday.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

As an aside, for those of you who ship a lot through USPS, like multiple packages each and every month, check out this new service: Stamps.com. Basically, without having to get a Pitney-Bowes machine and special ink, you purchase you postage with the USPS through these folks from your computer at home, and then print a special barcode on whatever (envelope, bubble mailer, sticker going onto your box) and it goes out with your regular mail. They even give you the scale to weigh it. If you have a bunch of stuff, they'll even send someone around just for that pickup. I don't mail enough stuff, as I don't quite move the brass like some of you do, but this sounds like a great deal.

And one of the podcasts I listen to is one of their specials, so click on the microphone in the corner and type in "TWIT" and get an extra $30 in free postage with your month trial.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
As an aside, for those of you who ship a lot through USPS, like multiple packages each and every month, check out this new service: Stamps.com. Basically, without having to get a Pitney-Bowes machine and special ink, you purchase you postage with the USPS through these folks from your computer at home, and then print a special barcode on whatever (envelope, bubble mailer, sticker going onto your box) and it goes out with your regular mail. They even give you the scale to weigh it. If you have a bunch of stuff, they'll even send someone around just for that pickup. I don't mail enough stuff, as I don't quite move the brass like some of you do, but this sounds like a great deal.

And one of the podcasts I listen to is one of their specials, so click on the microphone in the corner and type in "TWIT" and get an extra $30 in free postage with your month trial.
you can print postage and arrange free pickup from the USPS website. It's usually cheaper than taking it to the post office as well.

I listen to TNT from TWIT. It's pretty much the old CNET podcast(because they were crippled with Tom left). Good stuff.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Just don't bother with insurance from USPS. They will not pay it.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
unless you send it in on Friday, in which case it won't get there until Wed.
not true they will still have people moving mail across states or country. but they just will not have some going house to house and company to company's since not cost effect to have them all working that day. they might still do overnight mail but they do not want to do stander mail any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Just don't bother with insurance from USPS. They will not pay it.
i seen them pay for stuff and seen some stuff do not get paid for. all depends on person and what was shipped. i use to drive elderly lady that use to live next to my pops house. since she could not drive any more. there been times she got her money back. other times i seen people not get money back since item they lost was just shirts or nothing really expensive. from what i found out they base price on what going rate is for item being sold for. do not expect to sell item with all high end parts and expect to full price with all high end parts on it. since they will base going rate for item even thou you add like 2k worth of stuff on it. or have prove items worth that price. not easy to prove what item really worth.

Last edited by chrislognshot; 02-06-2013 at 11:20 AM.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
It's all good

CCM Fan
Fist off - WOW you get mail delivered on Saturdays? I've never seen that in Canada

Second - Yes, as Canadians we are now getting reamed for USPS delivery to the Great White North. I purchased a Mag on AO last week, cost me $50 to have it shipped express mail 3-5 days.

Not only did it cost 50 bucks, but I'm on day 7 now, with no tracking update since February 1st.

Think I should be worried?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #28 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Stamps.com isn't new. They've been around for awhile. And like Matrix said you can just print it for free with usps.com. I still take it to the office because I like personal interaction, but I don't have to stand in line. i can go right to the bulk door and just hand it to them.
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook View Post
Fist off - WOW you get mail delivered on Saturdays? I've never seen that in Canada

Second - Yes, as Canadians we are now getting reamed for USPS delivery to the Great White North. I purchased a Mag on AO last week, cost me $50 to have it shipped express mail 3-5 days.

Not only did it cost 50 bucks, but I'm on day 7 now, with no tracking update since February 1st.

Think I should be worried?
I've had things be delayed a week or more in the shipping process to Canada. Even when they were sent with 3-5 day "promises"
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
Chaaaarge

AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
I do not accept anything else. USPS is the boss!!
UPS lost 2 of 2 packages......USPS has been on time and all boxes have arrived. and that was about 42 pb markers last year!

Flaviosens MCB Feedback
flaviosen is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat