mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
smells good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Nothing on the market has "drive-by wire" steering or braking. There's a drive-by-wire trans selector option on several high-end European models, there's electric power assist, and certain German/Japanese brands have electric park brakes. Steering wheels and service brakes continue, and will continue, to have physical connections to the systems in question.

I'm curious what year the Laguna is - the last generation appears to be based on the Nissan Altima, a model that I know for a fact will cut power to the motor when the brake is applied during acceleration.

It honestly sounds like it was either operator error or the adaptations made to make it handicap accessible malfunctioned.
Never said they were on the market, but the idea has been floating around for quite a few years... with the idea that a traditional, "physical" system would run parallel in case of electrical failure

WTB: Black 07 Ego Eye Covers

WTB: AGD Z-grip or Y-frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
what stimpy said
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
My butt hole hurts all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Stimps is the man! Not only does he smell his own farts, but he enjoys it at the same time.

FEEDBACK<<<<
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
"Mag Afficionado"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Never said they were on the market, but the idea has been floating around for quite a few years... with the idea that a traditional, "physical" system would run parallel in case of electrical failure
That comment was more aimed at a previous statement.... I've been a mechanic for 12 years now, and very aware of how badly engineers want to completely *$&% a car up in the name of progress.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
smells good!

Quote:
That comment was more aimed at a previous statement.... I've been a mechanic for 12 years now, and very aware of how badly engineers want to completely *$&% a car up in the name of progress.
lol, ok - and i totally hear ya on the last part!

WTB: Black 07 Ego Eye Covers

WTB: AGD Z-grip or Y-frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
what stimpy said
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
My butt hole hurts all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Stimps is the man! Not only does he smell his own farts, but he enjoys it at the same time.

FEEDBACK<<<<
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
i wonder how long it will be until either a major manufacturer - or smaller, aftermarket company - releases the option for a master kill switch... thereby shutting-down the entire electrical system on the vehicle... though I guess you would have to rely on that electric component working as it should...
I think some on-star equipped cars have this ability.

Quote:
Nothing on the market has "drive-by wire" steering or braking.
Not yet, but its coming

Nissan's Steer-by-Wire System Brings Us Closer to Autonomous Cars | Autopia | Wired.com
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat