mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack2k View Post
Correct. They aren't worth the time. Just nod say "oh" and uhhuh" and walk away. Don't let it be a pride thing.
i guess the part that bothers me is i just don't like it when people bask in the limelight of some knowledge for free while i know full well others who have to earn that knowledge.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You are going about this wrong. Don't ask to explain, make up stuff that refutes their lies. Guy says supernova spits out a meteor. Tell him the latest development is that the new research found this to be incorrect.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
I'll share one of my college tales.

I had a roommate named Jacob for a while. I didn't like him off the bat but lets not get into that part of it. Anyways I was sharing a riveting paintball story with my other roommate Garrett. Garrett was a pretty chill guy, he shared many of the same interest and we got along really well. As I was telling this tale of "how my best friend borrowed my A5 and used 2 markers to cover me while I ran for the flag" I noticed Jacob listening intently. After I finished my tale he decided to pipe in.

In a very "matter-of-factly" tone he began to regale us with his tale of how he climbed up a tree and was sniping his friends with, and I **** you not he said this, his 540 fps Spyder Rodeo with a 20 inch barrel from 200 yards. He also looked at my mask and said "Whats that", and I replied "You need a mask to play paintball safely". He just said "Whatever I don't wear no mask".

I decided to call him on his **** and told him that long barrels don't do anything and that besides bore matching there are only 2 devices that increase range, the Apex and a Flatline. I also told him that the balls would explode in his marker at 540 fps (Just to make him feel stupid).

Come 2 nights later he was telling a very similar story to some gals we brought over. Except he adds in "With my 20 inch long barrel with an, What are those called? (
Looking at me)" Man I almost flipped ****..

A few months later he brought me his Rodeo from home.. It was completely stock and had no Orings for some reason.. Lets just say I didn't fix it..

One time he brought a girl to eat Mexican food at my Mexican friend's restaurant. She didn't know what a taco was, but knew what empanadas were.. She also asked him what the green stuff was. He replies "Cilantro", to which she comes back "Is it Spicy". My god, every time I go in there I ask him if cilantro is spicy. We will always remember that.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
I'll share one of my college tales.

I had a roommate named Jacob for a while. I didn't like him off the bat but lets not get into that part of it. Anyways I was sharing a riveting paintball story with my other roommate Garrett. Garrett was a pretty chill guy, he shared many of the same interest and we got along really well. As I was telling this tale of "how my best friend borrowed my A5 and used 2 markers to cover me while I ran for the flag" I noticed Jacob listening intently. After I finished my tale he decided to pipe in.

In a very "matter-of-factly" tone he began to regale us with his tale of how he climbed up a tree and was sniping his friends with, and I **** you not he said this, his 540 fps Spyder Rodeo with a 20 inch barrel from 200 yards. He also looked at my mask and said "Whats that", and I replied "You need a mask to play paintball safely". He just said "Whatever I don't wear no mask".

I decided to call him on his **** and told him that long barrels don't do anything and that besides bore matching there are only 2 devices that increase range, the Apex and a Flatline. I also told him that the balls would explode in his marker at 540 fps (Just to make him feel stupid).

Come 2 nights later he was telling a very similar story to some gals we brought over. Except he adds in "With my 20 inch long barrel with an, What are those called? (
Looking at me)" Man I almost flipped ****..

A few months later he brought me his Rodeo from home.. It was completely stock and had no Orings for some reason.. Lets just say I didn't fix it..

One time he brought a girl to eat Mexican food at my Mexican friend's restaurant. She didn't know what a taco was, but knew what empanadas were.. She also asked him what the green stuff was. He replies "Cilantro", to which she comes back "Is it Spicy". My god, every time I go in there I ask him if cilantro is spicy. We will always remember that.
great now i wanna sock your friend in his face too

better: invite him to a field and tell him to own up to his words about not wearing a mask.

Last edited by heinous; 02-18-2013 at 12:08 AM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've worked with guys like this, it bugs me that managers somehow can't see right through it, or by the time they do it's been to long.
I'm not a big fan of firing people for being themselves, but this is the one kind of personality that just poisons the workplace.

Moses688_Feedback
Moses688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
when your expertise falls short of the other guy's imagination
I think just sharing this thought may get the point across.

I have worked with one of these people as well, they're really not worth getting worked up over. I can be right or I can be wrong but when I feel a strong need to prove I'm right I'm often in the wrong.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #27 (permalink)

The only thing you can do is just either:
A.) Ignore them completely
B.) Make fun of them by going along with their story....and they normally are too obtuse to realize that is what you are doing.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #28 (permalink)
BAZINGA

These people need attention for whatever reason ... they CRAVE it like a drug.

I work with a chick like this. No matter what the story, what the experience, whether it is professionally based or personally based, she has the topper, and usually several of them .. and what makes it worse, she will roam the office area and seek out conversations that she can butt into and take over.

So when I occasionally feel like not letting her just get away with it, i will make up something just as ludicrous, but WAAAY over the top just to let her know that at least I know she is full of ****. Something like, "Ya, I did that too, and then I flew over the moon with NASA".

Another thing me and a couple of others have done is just completely ignore her when she butts in to our conversation to try to get attention. We just act like she said nothing and completely ignore her comments and pass right over them. This REALLY bugs the crap out of her.

But usually I do not even talk to her, give her eye contact, or engage in any conversation with her and she gets that too.
stinkfingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
This. And everyone it seems knows someone like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psunitro View Post
WALK away. I worked with a guy who had done and seen EVERYTHING. Anything I had done he had done somethime grander.He tried correcting me on almost everything. You will drive your self nuts tring to correct some people, best thing to do is just nod to their ignorance and walk away.
paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #30 (permalink)

That kinda reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBJ6yptGqm4
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat