mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
The entire point of Vibrams is so that you correct your running style. You should not have heel strikes which is what kills your knees. You should be landing on the ball of your feet.

And Yes I love my Vibrams. Specially when I use to fly every week. They would pack every nicely in my carry-on.
The thing is, I'm banned from running and any other high impact workout. I am allowed to speak walk though and that's how I typically work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
The thing is, I'm banned from running and any other high impact workout. I am allowed to speak walk though and that's how I typically work out.
No more High impact work out for me either. VA said 30 lbs and that's it. I can honestly say that the Adidas shoes have made my walking very comfortable.

As others have mention, it's a very natural feel. I can see why No Mercy wears his when he plays.

Yep toe shoes will be my new walking and work out shoe from now on.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I went to pick up a pair of Vibrams and the guy at the store said I should ask my doctor if they would be bad for my knees due to the lack of a sole.
The "guy" was on crack. The part about having minimalist footwear, regardless of VFF's or anything else (And I think that Vibram makes the soles for alot of the other companies making these kinds of shoes) is get you to walk more correctly. Specifically, without the padding and the heels that we have accustomed ourselves to, we land, walking or running, on our heels, then have our foot roll to the balls. With minimalist footwear, this hurts, no ifs, ands, or buts to it. But when you walk correctly, landing on the balls of your foot, like animals (Most don't have a heel to their foot, and especially look at cats and dogs), then your leg is slightly bent. This gives a natural shock absorber action to your legs, which is better for you overall.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat