mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Negative

My Take on Meeting Women

Okay, so some of you may know that I'm something of an artist. So, recently, I decided to use that as a way to meet women. I've noticed that when I draw in somewhat public places, people generally take notice, but generally don't say anything. Since I am pretty confident in myself, I made the decision to go on the offensive with it.

I'll draw something like this:

Then, I take the drawing (always around a 5" by 7" so I can keep it in a jacket pocket) with me wherever I go. That way, when I see an attractive woman, I'll approach her, pull out the drawing, and ask if she likes airplanes.

If she blatantly hates airplanes, I'll tell her to forget it. Mostly, I get a neutral answer outside of an airport environment. Then, I tell her that I drew this, gesturing to the picture, and that I would like her to have it.

At this point, I get varying degrees of astonishment/excitement. Generally, they're like, "You drew this?! You drew this!?" After assuring them that I did draw it, I tell them something to the effect of: "Anyways, I think that you are very beautiful, and I hope you have a wonderful day." After that, I walk away, conversation over. If my phone number is worked into the plane's numbers, I will write a note on the back that says: call me, you'll figure it out.

This serves the dual purpose of gauging intelligence and availability. If they can't figure it out (the number is usually pretty obvious), then I do not want them to call me. And if they are not available, I don't want them to call me either. It works well. Sometimes I leave a less-subtle full phone number on the back, no note. Sometimes, no phone number at all.

So far, I have done this four times. Each time has been at least an hour away from my hometown. I've ran absolutely no risk, since the chance of me seeing these ladies again has been next to none. And after those times, I don't have anything to show for it either. But it's actually been lots of fun, and it's been great practice for talking to random women.

So yeah. I'm without a significant other, but as long as that lasts, I will have lots of fun with my un-attachment.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Are you sure you're entirely stable?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Negative

I don't think that I'm stable at all. I'm pretty sure that's a prerequisite for doing this...
Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

well that's one method we now know doesn't work!
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Or you could say, "HAY GURL U GIVE MUH DICK A HARD AWN HOW BOUT U LEMME SMANG DAT AZZ".

60% of the time, it works... every time.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

imma holler at ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMD9FnHSJ14
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Modder at heart

Airplanes would work on me, but for women, try sketching something a little less....awesome.

If I had the skills to portrait, I would pull an attractive woman aside and sketch her like those 2 min artists do. Then work your magic from there. A funny cartoon version has the potential to go both ways, so I would stick with realism. Say you pulled her aside because you wanted to caputure her beauty, or some other attraction based thing. Tie in fate or opportunity, or some other key words to tie in a coincidence that you acted upon, its romantic and shows you have confidence. The discussion afterwards is critical. If she finds a connection, she will be more likely to call.

Glad your getting some face time. Now step it up.
Danny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Okay, so some of you may know that I'm something of an artist. So, recently, I decided to use that as a way to meet women.
You know those threads where you can pretty much tell it's headed for the depths of MCB-ness right from the first two sentences? This is one of those threads...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Terminus Est

good plan you have there, i see it working a good percentage.
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Okay, so some of you may know that I'm something of an artist. So, recently, I decided to use that as a way to meet women.
I'm an artist and I can do a decent portrait but I usually work from photos.
However, if you could segue from the drawing of a live woman into dating a live woman, that would be the route I'd take...

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat