mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

View Poll Results: Which Scenario would you like to see
The Avengers 1 5.00%
Troy 10 50.00%
The Last Samurai 7 35.00%
Old School ( yes the movie) 6 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
There are dozens of great battles of history that could be utilized.

As an idea how about doing a years worth of theme. If you are doing 6 scenarios this year have them all themed around the same thing....to use the old meme of WWII you could start with the Normandy Invasion and through the year work your way to Berlin sort of thing....

You could even actually have the scenario dates set...but depending on the outcome of the first one, you determine the theme of the second one....Say for example your first one is the Normandy Invasion....if the allied forces get beat than instead Battle of the Bulge, you do a new fictional invasion, say the Invasion of Italy or something like that. So the entire year is centered around WWII and potentially re-writing history.
I really like this idea. I am a huge history nerd and re-writing history in a fun way sounds like a damn good idea!

And I voted for troy. But of course no one will fall for the trojan horse idea. And the troy theme would call for a big main fort for one of the sides. You could do it in a way that if at the end of the 1st day, if the attacking greek army has collected enough points, than they are allowed to start the second day with the gates of troy open with the ability to storm it. And you could also make it so that the gates can be blown depending on whether or not the greeks can collect explosives and what not.

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sounds like a great idea. There is Troy, many different areas of the Roman Empire. Napoleon, Alexander, Genghis Khan, etc. There is potential there as well. You can even re-enact the major battles of the Lord of the Rings series as well.

It would take some planning, and you can always loop events back around to certain areas....Say for example after failing to land at Normandy there is Italian invasion and the Allies end up back at the Bulge, or further down your history timeline. Or perhaps you split and have timeline where Allies can't pull off invasion and Germany invades the UK.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Sounds like a great idea. There is Troy, many different areas of the Roman Empire. Napoleon, Alexander, Genghis Khan, etc. There is potential there as well. You can even re-enact the major battles of the Lord of the Rings series as well.

It would take some planning, and you can always loop events back around to certain areas....Say for example after failing to land at Normandy there is Italian invasion and the Allies end up back at the Bulge, or further down your history timeline. Or perhaps you split and have timeline where Allies can't pull off invasion and Germany invades the UK.
I think that would be cool. Like if in the beginning of the year the first scenario, the allies lose the battle of normandy, then the next one could be the German invasion of Britain. Or Perhaps the allies try to push through the alps and make things extremely difficult for them. But make the number allies to axis by a ratio of 2:1.

And i like the idea of lord of the rings battles, but i think that scenario would work great at EMR and make like a helms deep or minas tirith with the main fort, and have osgiliath be the surrounding towns like tippmann town. Make the orc army have to attack osgiliath first, and then when they take it, have the gondorians have to attack back. And then if they fail, they are pushed back to minas tirith. And you could even make the orc army twice the size of the gondorian army, and have a rohan army as well. make the ratio 2:1:1 in terms of people. you could make the rohirim army have to fight the orcs in other parts of the field for points. And if the Gondorians get pushed back to minas tirith then based on points, the rohirim can come to help or not. Or the final day of play you can make the battle at minas tirith with orcs trying to break through and have the rohirim come to aid 30 minutes into it to help from one side of the field but make them have to fight their way to minas tirith.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

that is a great idea about doing a progressive scenario
Old 02-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thanks Pumpin...I was actually looking at some ideas in that.

Take for example the Napoleonic wars...there were 7 Coalition wars against France. You could cut down the number by skipping the first few or only hitting the big ones. I mean the 3rd only lasted a few months as far as battles are concerned.

But each had distinct goals and objectives and major battles and could ultimately play out to the Napoleonic Empire. You could either pick a "war" and play it out progressively or even get a little more generic and pick an emperor and play out his life through combat. Play out Napoleon, Alexander, Khan, etc.

Key spots on your field could be countries to conquer if playing out something like Alexander.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

You could play it like that game WWII online, and have the map ever changing based on how people capture objectives and win battles (games) and stuff.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat