mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #31 (permalink)

In a nut shell;

A poor woman came along, screwed with his head and then probably dumped him

The end....
eelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I don't think the article was intended to be taken word for word. It's not saying to just sell everything you own and live in a tiny box. It seems more towards the lines of, most people just have too much stuff, need to be in the mindset, if you dont need it, then don't own it.

Mabey i can learn from this lol.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
If this guy thinks I'm gonna sell my Cadillac he is smokin crack!!! He does raise some good points though. The key like many things in life is moderation. Do we really need 10+ markers per player. Even if you had a representation of all classes-pistol, stock class, pump, mech semi and electro that is only five. I have been coming to this way of thinking lately, selling off my collection and having a few really nice markers.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
if you dont need it, then don't own it.
So we shouldn't own anything other than food, clothes, shelter? Yeah, I'm way too partial to my 'wants' to ever pull that off.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
Fish Taco

Despite the rants on this guy and his apartment, check out the video...it's way effen cool.

The Tiny Transforming Apartment That Packs Eight Rooms into 420 Square Feet
ih8cornnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
------------

CCM Fan
Meh, this guy can suck it. I like how he mentions that the relationship that basically freed him from his materialistic, overly complicated world just "ended". Did he throw her over a balcony in Barecelona? Was she really a malnourished Romanian potato farmer? If everything was so great and peaceful, then what happened? He probably just ran out of money from starting stupid hippie websites and had to flee with this chick to avoid his creditors. People live with alot less than this toolbag.
boltaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #37 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
He's learning something I learned about myself a long time ago.

We're hunters. Men I mean. Some men hunt big game. I hunt MicroMags.

It's never about the having. The having isn't all that much fun at all. It's the GETTING that makes me happy.

It's why I've been able to sell nearly any gun I've ever owned. Even ones I"ve stated in public that I will never sell...

Things don't make me happy. Getting things make me happy. Once I have them, I often as not give them away. They're just things after all. You can always get more things.
Truer words. I love the hunt, the challenge of finding things. I also enjoy the build. It's more than just "having" something, it's the quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
So we shouldn't own anything other than food, clothes, shelter? Yeah, I'm way too partial to my 'wants' to ever pull that off.
Not quite what I meant. There are some "wants" that i need. I do need paintball guns, game systems, some nice stuff. But i dont "need" 10 paintball guns, dont "need" every current game system that is out.

I'm just still trying to find a balance between wants and needs. Lately i've just been wanting stuff and accumilating too much junk just because it's cheap or a spur of the moment thing.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #39 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
So it's your fault somehow?

What exactly are you stealing from Mali that makes you guilty?

I feel sorry for those who don't have what I do as well. It doesn't make me want to change my lifestyle.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #40 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
If you or I were face to face with someone who didn't have drinkable water, enough food, or even electricity, how would we explain to them our "need" for "stuff"?

I couldn't do it.
I have been in this situation. I have no problems sitting here on my $1,300 computer, drinking my $1 beer, thinking about having my $.25 cigarette all the while the power meter spins on the side of my house which is stacked full of "uneeded" things.

While you may find this to be a travesty, I find it oddly comfortable and relaxing. Give if you feel the need to give. Put yourself through trials if you feel the need to sacrifice to others that have not. Preach of it like I'm doing wrong and expect me to treat you with such cold indifference that it may bother you.

I'm not directing that directly at you, CJ. I'm directing it to all the poor, poor, pitiful thirdworld country donation Commercials. To all the people who's high horse from which they preach from in the cash flow of the emotionally manipulated people. These things make me irrationally angry.
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat