mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippmannFireman View Post
Suggestions on "good brands"?
I'm not able to post a pic at the moment. But, I had a set on my JK and had a multi roll-over on a highway. The stock passenger rear rim broke but, the center of the rim was still mounted firmly to the spacer. They're a top quality product in my opinion! Spidertrax gets a from me.

Last edited by Carp13; 03-14-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Carp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I just want the wheels to stick out past the fender well. I want to keep my tires, since they only have probably 5k miles on them. My current tire size is 285/70/r17. What do you guys' suggest as far as rims go, then? I do some off roading, and I don't want to end up messing something up if I were to go with the spacers.
TippmannFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post
Or the better way to do would be get a another set of wheels with different backspacing.
If this is something the OP is interested in, check out diamond racing wheels. Great wheels low price. Plus, they'll put together pretty much anything you want.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
What kind of truck do you have, do you know the stock wheel backspacing? You could get a rim with like 4.5 in backspacing that would give you some pretty good stance depending on your truck.

Don't be afraid of the spacers they work great. Just go with a good brand (spidertrax).

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Attractive Fireman

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Even for offroading and those of us with a heavy foot? I have an 06 Ram 1500 4x4 Quad cab short bed. I have no idea the spacing on my current rims.
TippmannFireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Don't buy the ones with studs attached to them, get a set of wheel spacers, and a set of longer studs for your wheel hub ... also keep in mind that wheel spacers can cause a lot of damage if you're not careful ... I personally wouldn't use them, I'd save up for wider wheels. That's just me though.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I've wheeled the holy he'll out of my tacoma and that had spacers on it it will be fine. Lots of guys use them at the track I take my m3 to and they run hard laps without problems. Just get good ones you will be fine

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Maximum Motorsports makes good ones, don't know if they make any for trucks but they make the best spacers for Mustangs.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

if you actually take it off road, invest in some wheels. I've ran spacers as wide as 2" on the street and smooth road race courses, but I've never tried bouncing one off of a tree root. Take a look at diamond racing wheels.

Diamond : Trucker - Series

They have a great track record all around, and affordable. Finding out your stock wheel's offset is as easy as googling your make and model with the phrase "stock wheel offset" added. Google image your make and model with "off road wheels" and see what other people say about the offset they're running.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Heres a quick link to some inexpensive wheels. I have looked at Diamond racing and those are nice without spending an arm and a leg. Find your trucks stock backspace and get a wheel with less, overall it is the best way to get what you want without putting more stress on your wheel bears and other suspension. When you use spacers to move a wheel out, you have changed the leverage point. But I have seen many trucks and race cars with spacers run without problems, so go which ever way works best for you.

Cragar Wheels - 17 in. Wheel Diameter - 5 x 5 1/2 in. Wheel Bolt Pattern - SummitRacing.com
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat