mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   the Lada Niva (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/228867-lada-niva.html)

Bored383 03-15-2013 10:41 AM

the Lada Niva

is there anything it can't do?

2012 Lada Niva- Roscosmos Edition I - III. - YouTube

I want one

*shakes fist at our northern neighbors* lucky bastages!

:p

Shane-O 03-15-2013 11:13 AM

Nice!

Mar 03-15-2013 11:34 AM

No. No you don't.

BoBo 03-15-2013 12:22 PM

Who wants to hear 100 Lada/Skoda jokes?

Why do Ladas have back window defrosters? To keep your hands warm when you're pushing them.

What do you call a convertible Skoda? A dumpster

ta2maki 03-15-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bored383 (Post 2655145)
I want one

*shakes fist at our northern neighbors* lucky bastages!

:p

Those things havent changed in 30-40 years. Why not just import one past the 25 year mark. It's going to be all the same anyway.

Bored383 03-15-2013 03:17 PM

I have an odd fondness for crappy cars, having owned - and enjoyed - a variety of crapcan vehicles

that said I am also a firm believer in the fleet mentality. you have to have multiple vehicles to actually enjoy a crapcan car. if I ever went insane enough to get a Niva it would just get towed around behind my F150. I think it would be a hoot to take out the desert and go froading in one

Phoenix01 03-15-2013 03:26 PM

The best thing about having a crap car is the simple fact that you do not have to care too much about it. You care enough to keep it running but that is about it.

dukie 03-15-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix01 (Post 2655389)
The best thing about having a crap car is the simple fact that you do not have to care too much about it. You care enough to keep it running but that is about it.

that pretty much sums up the problems of the lada.

I thought they went out of business 20 years ago lol

Side-Swipe 03-15-2013 06:10 PM

Lots of people will talk ****, but I am from ukraine. The Niva is a beast. Its literally the communist wrangler. It will go through and drive through anything. My uncle uses it as his hunting vehicle. Most of the road infrastructure is nowhere near the US's or Canada's and these things are in their element. I doubt many people have had much encounter with them. They talk about how ****ty they are, yet I know old men with some from the 60's and 70's showroom condition with thousands of miles packed on them. They aren't fast or agile but they will mobilize you.

ta2maki 03-15-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Side-Swipe (Post 2655562)
Lots of people will talk ****, but I am from ukraine. The Niva is a beast. Its literally the communist wrangler. It will go through and drive through anything. My uncle uses it as his hunting vehicle. Most of the road infrastructure is nowhere near the US's or Canada's and these things are in their element. I doubt many people have had much encounter with them. They talk about how ****ty they are, yet I know old men with some from the 60's and 70's showroom condition with thousands of miles packed on them. They aren't fast or agile but they will mobilize you.

Ukraine is game to you!? - YouTube