mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Another Day in SD traffic (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/228887-another-day-sd-traffic.html)

Donut SD 03-15-2013 05:17 PM

Another Day in SD traffic

Semi slams into traffic

Watch the video. I could've been in this had I not left home so late. Thankful for waking up late this morning. As a San Diegan I also complain about our driving habits. Nuff said.

Murf425 03-15-2013 05:21 PM

I can't really tell from the video; was that guy stopped IN a traffic lane? It doesn't look like he's over on the shoulder. I mean, that's still a severe lack of attention on the truck driver's part, but what kind of dumbass stops in a travel lane on the interstate?

heinous 03-15-2013 05:22 PM

you'd think nobody here knows how to drive, then you head out of town and find worse out there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf425 (Post 2655451)
I can't really tell from the video; was that guy stopped IN a traffic lane? It doesn't look like he's over on the shoulder. I mean, that's still a severe lack of attention on the truck driver's part, but what kind of dumbass stops in a travel lane on the interstate?

a piece of trailer was stuck under that car. i'd imagine it couldn't move, if not then you're right it would have been dumb on his part. to be fair he did have his emergency lights on.

Donut SD 03-15-2013 05:27 PM

after slamming into the sign, which was already a mess, yeah he had some part lodged in his car. I don't remember it if hindered his car's movement or not when I was listening this morning.

On that note, yes some people tend to stop in the middle of the street even for fender-benders. "oh we touched! we should stop in the middle of the road." Not all the time but frequently enough that we have these kind of traffic situations where they couldn't / didn't make it to the shoulder and everyone else can't stop in time to miss them.

Bored383 03-15-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2655452)
you'd think nobody here knows how to drive, then you head out of town and find worse out there.

I've driven all over and around this country . . . people here can't drive, especially when there is any amount of rain. On the plus side they are generally more courteous and less road ragey / selfish road hoggish than other areas of the country

*edit*

and now that I have watched the video - wow, a whole lot of people trying out for the darwin award

river031403 03-15-2013 05:40 PM

Dallas Texas and Phoenix Arizona have been the worst I've experienced

stimpy 03-15-2013 05:42 PM

If everyone would just get the hell out of my way...

pbalien73 03-15-2013 05:55 PM

It looks rough there in South Dakota.

Donut SD 03-15-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbalien73 (Post 2655491)
It looks rough there in South Dakota.

:ROTFL:

Bored383 03-15-2013 06:12 PM

dc beltway is the worst in my experience

heh, heading home from Jungle Island the last time I was cruising along with traffic on 15 South at ~80mph in the left hand lane when some nutcase comes zipping through traffic, passing people on their left and right, using the whole road. All I could think was 'damn, someone is in a hurry!'

I glance over at the car as it goes barreling past me a couple lanes to my right and see stimpy waving at me

at least I think he was waving

:ROTFL: