mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf2Live View Post
Depends on what you want but he's within the average market. He has a few standards but will custom shape and do custom art too. Check him out and tell him Anson sent you: Muléke Surfboards

He's also a distributor for FCS and Creature so he has good prices on fins, leashes, tail pads, and socks/bags.
That's super cool! However, I already have a fun board picked out, might need a stomp pad for it. My surfing buddy has a one of one fun board that his cousin made (pro board builder) for him. He is the same height and build as me, for all you surfers, I wear a MT wet suit. I think I'm gonna buy the board of him. I've been trying to surf as much as possible
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

just got into it last summer
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
I like Spyders now

Hope some of you made it out this weekend. I couldn't make time on Saturday but barely spent any time out of the water yesterday.

Woke up and did a dawn sesh at T-Street in San Clemente. Nothing like being in the water before the sun is up! Solid head high/plus sets when they were rolling in. Pretty crowded but there were a lot of bobbleheads and only a dozen or so of us actually going.

Got out and had a buddy text me to see if I wanted to go to Trestles. I couldn't say no so I grabbed and Acai bowl to refuel and headed a few exits south. Started at Uppers and ended up drifting to Barbs. A little smaller than T but still some solid head high sets and the occasional shack. Ended up breaking my board and had to call it a day.

5.5 hours in the water and I was beat. Stopped at Pedro's for a carne asada burrito and a quesadilla and headed home for a coconut water and a nap... which turned into sleeping all night lol.

I had just ordered a new board last week so now I guess I'm picking up 2 boards next week. Wonder if I should sell some markers...
Old 03-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Quote:
Hope some of you made it out this weekend. I couldn't make time on Saturday but barely spent any time out of the water yesterday.

Woke up and did a dawn sesh at T-Street in San Clemente. Nothing like being in the water before the sun is up! Solid head high/plus sets when they were rolling in. Pretty crowded but there were a lot of bobbleheads and only a dozen or so of us actually going.

Got out and had a buddy text me to see if I wanted to go to Trestles. I couldn't say no so I grabbed and Acai bowl to refuel and headed a few exits south. Started at Uppers and ended up drifting to Barbs. A little smaller than T but still some solid head high sets and the occasional shack. Ended up breaking my board and had to call it a day.

5.5 hours in the water and I was beat. Stopped at Pedro's for a carne asada burrito and a quesadilla and headed home for a coconut water and a nap... which turned into sleeping all night lol.

I had just ordered a new board last week so now I guess I'm picking up 2 boards next week. Wonder if I should sell some markers...
Typical Cali surfer, carne asada burrito
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
I like Spyders now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyePower View Post
Typical Cali surfer, carne asada burrito
Your resistance is futile! Pedro's Tacos - World's best tacos since 1986
Old 03-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Quote:
I'm from San Francisco, I understand. We have arguably some of the best burrito places here in the state.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
I like Spyders now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyePower View Post
I'm from San Francisco, I understand. We have arguably some of the best burrito places here in the state.
Arguably ....
Old 03-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Just ordered a new board. 8ft 5 fin. Should be ready end of May.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
I like Spyders now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
Just ordered a new board. 8ft 5 fin. Should be ready end of May.
Wow, that's quite a lead time. Local shaper?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
yep. He is placing a blank order, we met today and went over the parameters. Looking forward of getting back into liquid. Been out of the water too long.

Big question i'm trying to figure out is what fin template i'm going with. 8 ft fun shape 5 fin, squared off with a tail block. Do I go AM2 tech flex or elevon with a nubster trailer?
Futures fin boxes

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto

Last edited by shadawg; 03-28-2013 at 12:55 AM.
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat