mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyePower View Post
Hate to rain on your parade, but Mustangs burn Camaros all day.
Not a Ford or Chevy guy, but I would take a SBC any day of the week.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Laissez Bon Temps Roulet!

Ew, Camaros and Mustangs... everybody and their mom has either a Camaro, Mustang, or Charger down here

Tuners and imports are where it's at.
"Check this out, each and every one of you. Compilation tape, of my own making. I call this the "Greatest Zooks Album". Featuring artists like, well I got some Hendrix on there, some Joplin, Mama Cass, Belushi... all great artists that asphyxiated on their own vomit!"

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by PBpancake; 03-23-2013 at 11:18 PM.
PBpancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBpancake View Post
Ew, Camaros and Mustangs... everybody and their mom has either a Camaro, Mustang, or Charger down here

+1 on that.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBpancake View Post

Ford and BMW are all I like and ever will drive. Bimmers have always been my favorite cars, but I come from a Ford family and grew up around them.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

We looked quite hard at 3 and 6 series BMW. I love the cars, but am not too hot on the maintenance costs down the road.

I would say to most of the negative comments that you should really take a look at the car again. The last two years were spent with some small redesign on the interior. There is quite a bit of leather in place of plastic now, and a vast improvement over the '10-11 models. Given the "quality" and build of all American car interiors, I would give this a B on the base model. Adding the matching leather interior takes it well beyond that, in spite of some of the cheesy factors inside. The gauge locations suck balls, no qualms about it.
Visibility is certainly the downfall to the car. Overall, if you don't factor in the "spotter" mirrors that Ford puts on stock, visibility is about the same as the 'stang everywhere but over the hood. The backup cam on the Camaro this year was a super nice touch.

As to the comments on power and handling, I think someone needs to either REALLY drive one, or read an article written by someone other than a Ford lover. The torque curves kick the 305's *** all the way around. The manual version pours out more power, lower in the RPM, although the top end on the newer Ford engine tech is quite amazing...Chevy is still using OLD school engine tech in this car, where Ford has the modern space age engine. Handling is hands down superior, as well as braking especially considering the heavier car. The independent rear suspension is a vast improvement over Ford's live axle.

In real world tests, I have found the bias of the writer/tester to be the true factor in performance results. Ford people are going to say the Ford is better. Truth is that almost every test I have seen says they are so close in performance that it can be not only who got the "jump", but the minute difference in individual car build. Edmunds tested against one GT that the Camaro beat in every way, but a sister GT they had on hand slightly topped the Camaro. Given just how close they really are the difference truly lies in what you prefer more than which one is "best".

As to the comments about the "Big Three"...what else are you going to get as American Muscle? There is nothing left, and honestly the Charger and Challenger are so much bigger and heavier than the other two that they aren't even in the same class.

Last edited by punkncat; 03-24-2013 at 09:22 AM.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
For me - I don't like debt.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
For me - I don't like debt.

TF

Lol, me either. Paying interest on a toy is foolish. I don't.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
My commentns on crappy power were from my own feelings on driving then car. Mind you it was a rental and I beat the freaking hell out of it. My "other hobby" is racing. I live at he track. I have a dedicated m3 track car. I expected fun when driving the ss camaro and was super disappointed. Which is sad because it really looks great. Best american retro car IMO

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
My commentns on crappy power were from my own feelings on driving then car. Mind you it was a rental and I beat the freaking hell out of it. My "other hobby" is racing. I live at he track. I have a dedicated m3 track car. I expected fun when driving the ss camaro and was super disappointed. Which is sad because it really looks great. Best american retro car IMO

Well geez, compared to an M3 track car I guess you were a bit put off.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Lol, me either. Paying interest on a toy is foolish. I don't.
Yep. I'll never do a loan on a car again. If I cant pay cash, I don't buy it.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat