mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fruition of a dream 27 years in the making

We just went last week and picked my wife up a sparkling brand new 2013 Camaro SS. It's Inferno Orange with the stripes and matching interior. 376 ci, 400 HP (we got the auto trans) of pure adrenalin inducing fun. It had 24 miles on the clock and were the first people to drive it outside GM/Chevrolet. She has wanted a Camaro since she was 16. Actually wanted a '69, but given the price on even a shell it was cheaper to pick up a new one. Given all the modern conveniences it makes for a more ergonomic drive anyway.
I cannot wait till we get the motor broken in and I can actually see what it will do. Claims a 5.~ 0-60 and 13 some-odd second quarter mile time. It's gonna be good to stomp on my friend's Mustang with.

The auto trans car is outfitted with the L99 version of the LS3. It has a bit less horsepower and torque, but for not having a clutch it was worth it. Even before being broken in I honestly cannot see where there is any functional driving difference in the real world of surface streets. I call the traction control the "manners" button. It will burn the tires off (20" Pirelli P-Zero) with the control on. I have been told that turning it off entirely results in an amazing ability to do donuts and nothing else. I have only tried the performance mode, which left two rather impressive and expensive drag marks at the top of the neighborhood. It has paddle shifting too, but won't use that till after the first oil change 4300 miles from now.

I would post pictures for your enjoyment, but my current web provider doesn't offer hosting space and I am too lazy to set up an account elsewhere. (It's this one for those interested)

It was rather nice being able to buy from a dealership that my grandfather bought from the year they opened and that he and my uncles used their entire lives....(the discount didn't hurt either) Funny story: We pulled in to the dealership in his CS Mustang. As we pulled up we had parked behind a red Camaro. I got out of the car asking for something to beat (the Mustang) and the salesman says "turn around, you are in the right place"....There sits the ZL1 with the 454 under the hood. Yeah, that WOULD do it. I had to giggle a bit that the price on that bad boy would have allowed for TWO mustangs and some parts....
Already got our first warning too. Playing with the neighbor and a Statie comes up behind us asking if we were done or wanted to keep going after seeing us pull 80 MPH up S Cobb Drive light to light. I was so glad, insurance is high enough without the contest of speed ticket. I think the bright orange should keep us honest most of the time and the local drag strip is only $25 on open night.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Very nice speed machine! I want to get a daily driver like that...but a dodge lol maybe...

Need a truck for work - maybe in the future though!

Have fun!
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Very nice speed machine! I want to get a daily driver like that...but a dodge lol maybe...

Need a truck for work - maybe in the future though!

Have fun!
I already have a Titan that is the family/work vehicle.

We looked really hard at the Charger R/T in the "Pink Panther" scheme a few years ago. We would certainly have considered it if they weren't limited and unavailable now. That newest one with the door cutout in police trim is a sexy beast.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xfAEOsOPs

That might get you into some serious trouble.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Good gravy. I am wondering how that is even drivable.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I rented a camaros ss for a week on a business trip to Florida and must say I was super super underwhelmed. The power was horrible, not good through the corners, and the interior was cheap as hell. Looked awesome though.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
With a light foot on the gas...?
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
I rented a camaros ss for a week on a business trip to Florida and must say I was super super underwhelmed. The power was horrible, not good through the corners, and the interior was cheap as hell. Looked awesome though.
I valeted one and I'm 6ft and I could barely see anything through the tiny window and huge hood infront.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
And its not, half that power is unusable because you are losing grip and can't get enough rubber underneath without tubbing the car.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Quote:
It's gonna be good to stomp on my friend's Mustang with.
Hate to rain on your parade, but Mustangs burn Camaros all day.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat