-   General Chat (
-   -   I love my truck (

Bored383 03-25-2013 10:29 AM

I love my truck
as much as someone can love an inanimate object (hey, not that way) I do love my truck.
I love it's simplicity, it's ruggedness, it's longevity.
I love how driving it never feels like a rush to get anywhere - and that is good because with six in a row to make it go there never isn't much hustle
I love that regardless of whether the truck is empty or loaded down to the bumpstops it basically drives the same. The only difference is whether I use 1st gear or not. Gotta love the torque of a 300/6
I find it very relaxing to drive it, even though it lacks even an AM radio. maybe I am just that comfortable with the voices in my head
and I am thankful that I have it around on those occasions where I need to extra vehicle. I was replacing the half shafts on my daily this past weekend and I discovered a stretched pinch bolt - kind of scary. of course none of the retail auto parts places carry such things so I will be calling dealerships today. but anyhow - that just gives me a chance to drive my truck and speak the gospel of how awesome it is.

here are some pics

let me tell you, ^that NP435^ is a heavy pig to wrestle out from under the truck

it was made into a pinata for my birthday once. I wore what was left because beer

I have driven it cross country twice, and on a bunch of other lengthy roadtrips. It has been to the places the bumper stickers reference and many others I collected nothing but memories of

there it is, my '76 F150 Custom. Made at the old Ford plant in San Jose, bought new by my Grandfather in neighboring Los Gatos, came to me over a decade ago. It has 270k+ miles on it and I figure a lot more life left in it.

DashHopes 03-25-2013 10:31 AM

Classic. And who is the guy painted on the door? :rolleyes:

punkncat 03-25-2013 10:35 AM

I believe I recall you posting a picture of it in the parking lot of Wall Drug not long after you got it from Grandpa? I could be trippin'

I loved my old straight six Ford 150. It took a hit from two loaded 18 wheelers and is still on the road. I sold it to a friend a while back and honestly wonder if I will ever own a truck that lasting again.

heinous 03-25-2013 10:36 AM

i look at the truck, then look at the houses, and realize this is how an entire neighborhood's property value gets brought down :p

Mr. Hick 03-25-2013 10:40 AM

Situations like this make me wish I wasn't born during this technological monstrosity of a generation.

It reminds me of the days of my youth toolin around in my pops 79 CJ5. I miss those carefree days of sunshine and back roads.

Bored383 03-25-2013 10:41 AM

you aren't trippin punkncat

back when it still had a camper shell. termites destroyed the wood frame of it though, so it went away

heinous - stay away from my hoa :gunsfiring:

stimpy 03-25-2013 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2664330)
i look at the truck, then look at the houses, and realize this is how an entire neighborhood's property value gets brought down :p

Yup - and from the story, sounds like there's probably a Focus up on jack-stands (blocks?) as well...

Bored383 03-25-2013 11:22 AM

you guys are mean

the focus is parked out front - all reassembled but there is no way in h3ll I am gonna drive it with a stretched pinch bolt. the ford stealership in carlsbad has them in stock so I will get a set on the way home tonight

Mr. Hick 03-25-2013 11:50 AM

Give him a break guys! If you look in those photo's there are plenty of old clams parked on the same street! half of the rigs in one photo aren't even from this CENTURY!

wicKed 03-25-2013 11:53 AM

There some good ol trucks to say the least. I know mine is becoming a rat rod now.