mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
I love my truck

as much as someone can love an inanimate object (hey, not that way) I do love my truck.
I love it's simplicity, it's ruggedness, it's longevity.
I love how driving it never feels like a rush to get anywhere - and that is good because with six in a row to make it go there never isn't much hustle
I love that regardless of whether the truck is empty or loaded down to the bumpstops it basically drives the same. The only difference is whether I use 1st gear or not. Gotta love the torque of a 300/6
I find it very relaxing to drive it, even though it lacks even an AM radio. maybe I am just that comfortable with the voices in my head
and I am thankful that I have it around on those occasions where I need to extra vehicle. I was replacing the half shafts on my daily this past weekend and I discovered a stretched pinch bolt - kind of scary. of course none of the retail auto parts places carry such things so I will be calling dealerships today. but anyhow - that just gives me a chance to drive my truck and speak the gospel of how awesome it is.

here are some pics

let me tell you, ^that NP435^ is a heavy pig to wrestle out from under the truck

it was made into a pinata for my birthday once. I wore what was left because beer

I have driven it cross country twice, and on a bunch of other lengthy roadtrips. It has been to the places the bumper stickers reference and many others I collected nothing but memories of

there it is, my '76 F150 Custom. Made at the old Ford plant in San Jose, bought new by my Grandfather in neighboring Los Gatos, came to me over a decade ago. It has 270k+ miles on it and I figure a lot more life left in it.
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Classic. And who is the guy painted on the door?

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I believe I recall you posting a picture of it in the parking lot of Wall Drug not long after you got it from Grandpa? I could be trippin'

I loved my old straight six Ford 150. It took a hit from two loaded 18 wheelers and is still on the road. I sold it to a friend a while back and honestly wonder if I will ever own a truck that lasting again.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

i look at the truck, then look at the houses, and realize this is how an entire neighborhood's property value gets brought down

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Situations like this make me wish I wasn't born during this technological monstrosity of a generation.

It reminds me of the days of my youth toolin around in my pops 79 CJ5. I miss those carefree days of sunshine and back roads.
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
you aren't trippin punkncat

back when it still had a camper shell. termites destroyed the wood frame of it though, so it went away

heinous - stay away from my hoa
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
smells good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i look at the truck, then look at the houses, and realize this is how an entire neighborhood's property value gets brought down
Yup - and from the story, sounds like there's probably a Focus up on jack-stands (blocks?) as well...

WTB: Black 07 Ego Eye Covers

WTB: AGD Z-grip or Y-frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
what stimpy said
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
My butt hole hurts all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Stimps is the man! Not only does he smell his own farts, but he enjoys it at the same time.

FEEDBACK<<<<
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
you guys are mean

the focus is parked out front - all reassembled but there is no way in h3ll I am gonna drive it with a stretched pinch bolt. the ford stealership in carlsbad has them in stock so I will get a set on the way home tonight
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Give him a break guys! If you look in those photo's there are plenty of old clams parked on the same street! half of the rigs in one photo aren't even from this CENTURY!
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

There some good ol trucks to say the least. I know mine is becoming a rat rod now.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat