mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
the dude abides

Should I be irritated about this?

I recently ordered a new 68ci 4500psi NINJA tank from ANSGEAR.COM and it did not come with the aluminum ASA thread saver or the Aluminum input fill nipple cover. Edit: Or the tool kit

(edit: they have since update the page indicating that the tanks do not come with thread savers. which was not the case when i placed the order.)

I was going to order a Dye Throttle tank but after watching the Video on the ANSGEAR.COM website they advertised the tank with the aluminum accessory pieces. I thought I was getting a better deal by going with the NINJA tank but Im feeling a bit deceived and a little irritated.

Also, I am probably never going to order from ANSGEAR.COM because they only offer shipping via FEDEX and it literally took 2 whole weeks to get from California to Florida... Which is just absurd.

Last edited by davehome333; 03-28-2013 at 07:49 PM.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

You can always contact them ask them about it and see what they say. On the bright side of this situation is that you did make a good choice going with the Ninja tank. Those regs are great.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
the fill nipple covers far as I know have never been aluminum they are just a little rubber thing and the thread saver I wouldn't be too peeved about frankly it's a $10 part at best.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
the dude abides

Im mostly peeved because it took 14 days to get here and I missed the opportunity to play last week with my brother in law when he was on leave.

I give this tank a 4.5/5 I I really think they should sell a tank that does not have a big obnoxious "N" on the side of the bottle. it just looks silly.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Were they offering the special Ninja magnetic nipple cover? Did the tank have ZERO protection along the threads i.e. plastic cap? If there was plastic cap on the threads, yea I would be slightly peeved and if it was advertised with the magnetic nipple cover and did not come with it, then yea that would be pushing pissed off boundaries. contact their support and explain calmly what was advertised and what was received, hopefully they make things right, if not vote with your wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehome333 View Post
I was going to order a Dye Throttle tank but after watching the Video on the ANSGEAR.COM website they advertised the tank with the aluminum accessory pieces. I thought I was getting a better deal by going with the NINJA tank but Im feeling a bit deceived and a little irritated.
my throttle kept leaking and i used it until it went out of hydro, paid the 35 bucks including to have a ninja reg installed after hydrotest, and never looked back. i think you should feel good you got a ninja in the grand scheme of things...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Were they offering the special Ninja magnetic nipple cover?
Ninja Paintball Tanks Review and Demo - YouTube

The video states(which is prominently displayed on the product page) that they come with a free aluminum thread saver. Ya, I'd say that's misleading. IMO they need to remove that video from the page or you tube edit the vid, putting "this tank does not have a free thread saver" isnt enough. This video is from 2009, time to make a new video ANS.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Yeah they do. Ninja used to provide the thread protector but quit including them with the tanks a couple years ago.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Having had similar issues with ANS in the past I can tell you that their statement will be that they can't open and inspect, or keep up to date on the changes of any product they sell and that you will need to contact the manufacturer. Even if it is their own video mentioning the cap they will probably say they can't check all promotional material and blame the producer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim View Post
Having had similar issues with ANS in the past I can tell you that their statement will be that they can't open and inspect, or keep up to date on the changes of any product they sell and that you will need to contact the manufacturer. Even if it is their own video mentioning the cap they will probably say they can't check all promotional material and blame the producer.
but the least they could do is at least remove or edit their own promo materials once being alerted to the change, hopefully it will be done.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat