mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   For some reason our sport just falls behind on mask fans (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/230682-some-reason-our-sport-just-falls-behind-mask-fans.html)

blackrain 04-05-2013 04:33 PM

For some reason our sport just falls behind on mask fans

I can honestly say. Air Soft does lead the way with goggle systems as far as fans go.

M04 Wargame Airsoft Dummy Gas Mask Dual Fan Canister Protection Gear AEG Black | eBay

This is just one example. Devtac makes a real nice one with built in fans as well.

Seriously Goggle makers, after 25 yrs you guys can't come up with anything better then what we have now?

Later,
Blackrain :)

Painthappy 04-05-2013 04:37 PM

Falls behind? Heck, every major company gave up on them 10 years ago!

Thermal lenses work wonders. But for those of us that play with glasses, the glasses fog, not the masks.

The masks may work as advertised, but fans are still needed for many of us.

That being said, I've been using a vents mask for years now with no fan, and only issues on very humid days.

blackrain 04-05-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painthappy (Post 2675883)
Falls behind? Heck, every major company gave up on them 10 years ago!

Thermal lenses work wonders. But for those of us that play with glasses, the glasses fog, not the masks.

The masks may work as advertised, but fans are still needed for many of us.

That being said, I've been using a vents mask for years now with no fan, and only issues on very humid days.

I agree with you Carter. Yep glasses are an issue with me as well. I just saw an optometrist today about making inserts for my mask. My eye doctor told me, even though ther is ventilation between your eye and lens, there isn't enough to prevent fogging.
Insert provides that ventilation. So I'll see.

Later,

Arson24 04-05-2013 04:42 PM

Blackrain, did you not like the Fanz kit?

blackrain 04-05-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arson24 (Post 2675891)
Blackrain, did you not like the Fanz kit?

They are ok, just like others in the past. But 'm tired of a bulk pack on the back of my mask strap. Not being able to wear a helmet because the fan sticks out to high or the battery pack doesn't allow it.
I personally think that it's time for these folks to make a quality mask with built in fans that are located in the lens area and circulate the air thru the mask and lens.

Just my opinion.

Later,

Fubarius 04-05-2013 05:23 PM

I rarely have my glasses fog up ever since I figured out one little trick. Look at your mask, notice how most have vents inbetween the mouth area and the eyes area. This is a bad idea. All that hot humid air coming out of your mouth and nose gets pushed up those vents and fogs up your glasses. Cover those vents up and it solves all the problems. On my Vforce masks a couple strips of electrical tape on the inside did the trick, and you can't even tell I did anything.

THE-SHOOTIST 04-05-2013 05:24 PM

Old School:
Speed Stick on the forehead.

Yes, we did this.
:ROTFL:

dark_controller 04-05-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painthappy (Post 2675883)

This is the only reason i have contacts.

blackrain 04-05-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_controller (Post 2675942)
This is the only reason i have contacts.

I can't get corrective contacts.
Later,

Skibbo 04-05-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackrain (Post 2675933)
They are ok, just like others in the past. But 'm tired of a bulk pack on the back of my mask strap. Not being able to wear a helmet because the fan sticks out to high or the battery pack doesn't allow it.
I personally think that it's time for these folks to make a quality mask with built in fans that are located in the lens area and circulate the air thru the mask and lens.

Just my opinion.

Later,

their new flexr kits look nice. uses only 1 AA battery.

Linky
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...-39-1000-3.jpg