mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

There are plenty of students I know that are on the older side. It is not rare or too uncommon.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

at my previous college, there were more older students in my program than there were younger.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
the dude abides

I'm about 2 semesters away from getting my B.S. in Mathematics.

do not get a Liberal Arts degree. They are a waste of money and you will never find a job.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerofcards.19 View Post
Most professors like older students because they are more mature, focused and motivated. It might be rough getting back into an academic environment but perseverance gets you most of the way.
This is mostly true. Many of my students are "non traditional" and the tend to be at the top of the class. Education is never a bad investment even in the Liberal Arts.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I went back to college like 5 years out of high school and I am so happy I did. I was in a different place in life and therefore pretty much over partying and just stuck to school work. I worked my nads off from the get go and graduated with a 3.7 from a really tough business program.
T-MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Black & Blue

Quote:
do not get a Liberal Arts degree. They are a waste of money and you will never find a job.
This is simply not true. Most of the people i know who are university educated are gainfully employed regardless of discipline.

Cnyberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I went to college right out of high school for Criminal Justice. Now I'm back in school again, this time in Art School for photography. I first started college 15 years ago and started again nearly a year ago. It's really different that way you look at things. I didn't do so hot back then but now I make straight As and hold a 3.9 average. I know what it's like in the real world and treat my classed and teachers as if they were jobs and my clients. Grades are like pay checks and I want the most I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
the dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnyberg View Post
This is simply not true. Most of the people i know who are university educated are gainfully employed regardless of discipline.
This guy does not know what he is talking about. Liberal arts degree holders are people who spent their time taking classes like "finger painting 2047" and "hugs 4321". They did not challenge themselves in college, they just wasted tax payer dollars using Federal Financial Aid with no ability repay society when they graduate.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Like most here I bombed the semester of JuCo right out of high school. I took 8 years off before going back to get my BS in Management. Five years after getting that I enrolled in graduate school and will get my MBA next month. Keep at it, work hard, and don't listen to anyone who says you can't do it.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat