mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Bras = bad?

Could make sense, kind of like minimal shoes vs. very supportive shoes:

Do Women Need Bras? French Study Says Brassieres Are A 'False Necessity'

Quote:
Women who go braless may actually have the right idea, new research suggests.

According to the results of a 15-year study in France published Wednesday, bras provide no benefits to women and may actually be harmful to breasts over time.

"Medically, physiologically, anatomically, the breast does not benefit from being deprived of gravity," Jean-Denis Rouillon, a professor at the University of Franche-ComtÚ in Besanšon, told France Info.

Conducting the study at the university's hospital, Rouillon measured and examined the breasts of more than 300 women, aged 18 and 35, taking note of how the additional support provided by bras affects the body over time. (It should be noted the study does not mention breast size.)

Overall, he found that women who did not use bras benefited in the long term, developing more muscle tissue to provide natural support. As France's The Local notes, Rouillon also noticed that nipples gained a higher lift, in relation to the shoulders, on women who went braless. When bras are worn, the restrictive material prevents such tissue from growing, which may actually accelerate sagging, the study concluded.

Capucine Vercellotti, a 28-year-old woman who participated in the research, found that she breathes easier without the constraints of a bra.

"At first, I was a little reluctant to the idea of running without a bra, but I got started and after five minutes, I had no trouble at all," Vercellotti said, according to the Agence France-Presse.

But don't throw away your bras just yet, ladies.

Despite the findings, Rouillon said it would be dangerous to advise all women to take off their bras based on the study's sample, which may not be representative of the population.

Speaking to France Info, Rouillon cautioned women who have worn bras for a long time -- several decades -- from following the recommendation since they would not benefit from taking off their bras now.
I've seen people with messed up feet move to more supportive shoes over the years, and I've seen people doing yoga and other strength training that leads them to less supportive shoes.

I myself wore orthotics before I got into my minimal shoes, and don't need them now. Of course, there are people with structural issues for whom extra muscles won't help (and that may be so for large or unusual breasts), but it's like anything. Nothing applies to everyone equally.
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Depends on the person I'd think. I dated this girl for a while that would probably have fallen over(or created her own gravitational field) without the help of an undergarment.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Phantom Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Depends on the person I'd think. I dated this girl for a while that would probably have fallen over(or created her own gravitational field) without the help of an undergarment.

Obvious poster is obvious
Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fear the Beer!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Pics or it never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkson View Post
After I found out I had a screw loose, he gave me a good short screw. Filled my hole completely.
forstgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nelson Lover

Interesting...
But I clicked on this cause I misread it as Brass = Bad

And that's just not okay here.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Man in Tights

Haha, nice Bacon...

My girlfriend is a DD and when she's running with me I think a sports bra is a good idea....

But maybe not all the time? Might need some corroborating evidence from elsewhere.
cdrinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I don't believe this at all. Look at the women in African tribes. Their tits hang down to their knees (exageration, but yeah).
Old 04-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
I've porked many

Bras help prevent the dreaded knee shooters.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Phantom Lover

Age is a factor in sag but the increase during pregnancy/breastfeeding and the decrease afterwards also as an effect. The women in thier 40's / 50's with no sag are usually, no kids and quite small.

If this theory was true, why do our faces sag with age? Wouldn't the face create muscle tissue to hold it up?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBaller View Post
Interesting...
But I clicked on this cause I misread it as Brass = Bad

And that's just not okay here.
THIS exactly. I thought so too.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote