mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #101 (permalink)

Wow, it is really nice to see this thread. I'm seriously dating myself But. My group started playing back in 1973. It was more of a figure it out as you go.

There was on game store in Harvard Square (and one near Faneuil Hall that sold a dice set. after that a tri-fold notebook and lots of graph paper.

My first world took about a month to develop. We played for about 2 years. Right up to to members went into a 3 hour execution of a single sword fight. I remember that afternoon to this day. they wanted a roll on every minute detail. After that, I was done.

Every gun has a story. What's yours?

frgood Feedback
Frgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #102 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chach_Zapley View Post
That is the simplest trap I've heard of to date.... I can't imagine the look on the players face when he found out what was going on.
Another nice one for the obnoxious; the magic user's trash bin. In a dungeon that was actually a lab/home/hideout made for and by a magic user, there is a door for the trash. It is a permanent portal to a sink hole. It radiates magic, may be labeled in runes (maybe not), and can go both ways, but if you open the door and jump into the darkness, you better be able to fly. These may also be simple fresh air vents.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #103 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I am actually creating my own Role-playing game.

March Against Darkness by Michael Spilsted — Kickstarter

Diggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #104 (permalink)
Post Whore

My DM's have switched out for a while in my game. We have started a quasi new part of this adventure. I'm not quite sure how the story line is going to connect yet. We have spent the last 3 weeks killing packs of Wargs and Knolls.

First one we were ambushed at night, didn't go great, but we won without any losses.
Second attack, oh man..."like shooting Wargs in a hole" is our new phrase. We found a town with two patrols going around it. We tricked one into coming to us and falling into a 15' pit we dug (spikes and all), they were then dazed, blended, and then stuck in a zone of slow and immobility. The poor DM, every round he would just look at his sheets, shake his head and say "I can't get them out".

We spent two hours hacking away at them and throwing stuff in the hole. My bard is not designed for ranged attacks at all, so I did very little after pushing one in. No one suffered even a hit

Last night was mostly an RP night, but its possible the town is going to get over run with Wargs and Knolls soon. If the town is lucky, we will save the day somehow lol (no idea how yet). Granted things might have gone better if we had killed those last two Knolls. Oh well.

Leveled my bard up to 7, trying to figure out what I'm going to do with him down the line now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #105 (permalink)

I'll be started up the group I'm Dming again soon, have to finish fleshing out the rest of the campaign and build some epic set pieces. my play group has been pretty awesome, It's in strait 4th ed and ive been rocking an Eladrin Warlock Hexblade with the sword of the white well fey pact and fey beast tamer theme. My displacer beast is totally fun to rp with. Our DM is running Ravenloft converted over to 4th ed and has been very challenging so far.

GHPBOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #106 (permalink)

It has been a long time since I last played D&D on a regular basis. I have picked up "Dread" though, which is a fantastic horror RPG. And I am trying to get a group together for "Dogs in the Vineyard" which I am told is also great.
Maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat