mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

We've got a good club going on base now, been playing steady for almost 4 years. We play mini's on Tuesdays, RPG's on Friday and Saturday night and a kids/family gaming group on Saturday afternoon.
Always lots of geeks looking for some games on a military base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Dude I'll be 42 next month the only movement i'll be joining is in the crapper.
Wookilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
used to gm rolemaster and space master.. and warhammer roleplay, and gurps, and red basic d&d and shadowrun 1st and car wars and lol name them all and i have played or ran.. started in rd grade with my brother running red basic games.. and i stopped 30 years later..
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

I wish I still played, only time really since college was the IRC chat game a couple of years ago, which was highly amusing if slightly dysfunctional.

Did AD&D 2nd, 3, and 3.5, Shadowrun, necromunda, whitewolf's Vampire and a little werewolf, cyberpunk, twilight 2000 and mechwarrior. Probably some others I am missing. I looked at some of th elater DnD stuff, but was horribly unimpressed to never bought books. Actually still read some of my old 2nd edition and shadowrun sourcebooks.

Was never a good gamemaster, I can come up with stories and worlds, but always struggled to fit the players in as a game and not a story.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Ditto on the Munchkin, have almost all of the sets. They keep making 'em and I keep buying 'em.

Let's see, used to play D&D ever since just before 2nd all they way through 3e, stopping just before 3.5. Also big into Cyberpunk 2020, Deadlands, Champions, Star Wars (West End and d20... the WE stuff was better, mostly for the lack of prequel trilogy and JarJar foolishness), Rifts, and a bunch of other ones that I'm too lazy to type out.

What am I playing now? Um, nothing. Have been dabbling in a great little Lego-based 'mech combat wargame, Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack. Check this out:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8109/8...8d6867ddb6.jpg
Hybrid High Legs/Chub - front by usagi_tetsu, on Flickr

That's less than 6 inches high, and pretty big for the game. I love how much detail some of the better makers in the hobby can cram into such tiny creations.

a mech game with LEGOs? you have my attention sir.

GHPBOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
Just thought of this but those that like just playing and being dorky and having a good time, not taking it very serious. Try a Card/Board game called Munchkin.
Fun game. Have it and many of the expansions and spin offs.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHPBOwner View Post
a mech game with LEGOs? you have my attention sir.
MF0 is mech only, another good one involving Legos is BrikWars. You can make mechs with BW, but it's not specific to it. I like MF0 because it has a great community and a really well thought out setting/backstory. Plus, tiny little Lego mechs!

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettuceHead View Post

As for tabletop, I'm getting the itch for BattleTech again. Going to play some Flames of War WW2 miniatures if I ever get off my *** and finish painting them (British Airlanding and a generic German non-motorized infantry with StuG support companies). Did a bunch of 2nd Ed. D&D BattleSystem back in the day.
You should try out MWTactics....not a bad play...currently in beta but worth while...free to play sort of setup.

Still very avit fan of BT up until Wizkids destroyed it.... BTW FASA is back in business

My games of choice were AD&D, Palladium, Cyberpunk.

For the mention of Morrow Project....great great game...one of the better post nuke games. Had a great time with that one as well.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
and car wars

As far as a campaign, that game suffered from a lack of a level system. It's hard to stay alive when a standard result is "roll and burn". Killer karts and shotguns were just about as much fun as any of the expansions.

We set up an arena on 2'x3' graph paper, with rules for steam catapult assisted entry and armed bunkers. The game would get down to the last two players pretty quickly.

Last edited by Spider!; 04-17-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post

As far as a campaign, that game suffered from a lack of a level system. It's hard to stay alive when a standard result is "roll and burn". Killer karts and shotguns were just about as much fun as any of the expansions.

We set up an arena on 2'x3' graph paper, with rules for steam catapult assisted entry and armed bunkers. The game would get down to the last two players pretty quickly.
We used a ping pong table and converted the scale to Matchbox cars. used our extra bits from 40k to make our cars badass looking.
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
You should try out MWTactics....not a bad play...currently in beta but worth while...free to play sort of setup.

Still very avit fan of BT up until Wizkids destroyed it.... BTW FASA is back in business

My games of choice were AD&D, Palladium, Cyberpunk.

For the mention of Morrow Project....great great game...one of the better post nuke games. Had a great time with that one as well.
Im going to have to check out MWtactics. I've always been a huge battletech/MW fan. We used to play tons of MW2&MW4 at lans. And I rabidly hunted down locations to play in the mech corps pods. I saw they came to the last mech wars scenario game. Pretty awesome. Still have a big binder full of the tcg. But i was the only one who played it in my town when it came out.

GHPBOwner is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat