mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Dungeon Masters (DMs& GMs) (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/231466-dungeon-masters-dms-gms.html)

GHPBOwner 04-16-2013 11:13 AM

Dungeon Masters (DMs& GMs)

Just curious as to how many on here run table top role playing groups and what games everybody plays. I'm currently running a monthly hybrid 3.5/4th ed D&D group but have played GURPS, Cyberpunk, the Diablo RPG, all other editions of D&D and Rifts. I also just picked up the Abney Park Airship Pirates RPG sourcebooks. Players feel free to chime in and tell us about your groups.

Also as a side note Dwarven Forge's Kickstarter just passed $700k and im going to add my $$ to it to get a few of their dungeon tiles sets. (either 2 or 3 havent decided yet).

DashHopes 04-16-2013 11:21 AM

Been about 3 years since I've run a game, maybe even 4.

GHPBOwner 04-16-2013 11:25 AM

what did you play?

Wookilar 04-16-2013 11:38 AM

I'm currently running a Pathfinder game, I'm really digging all the work Piazo has done lately.
I'm also playing in a Shadowrun 4 game. I've got friends running White Wolf Vampire and another running Only War. We've been playing a fair bit of the Fantasy Flight Warhammer 40K stuff, lots of fun.

Greenmtnphantom 04-16-2013 11:45 AM

White wolf stuff, D&D original through 3.5, Gamma World, Heroes Unlimited, 7th Sea, I feel like I'm forgetting something...

It's been a while since I've really run anything but I play when I can.

DashHopes 04-16-2013 12:14 PM

We/I used to write our own games and quest and last under the 3.5/4th Ed but to be honest I always loved 2.0 lol

Edit. Favorite quest we did was Dragonlance

agentSmith 04-16-2013 12:26 PM

I ran and played The Morrow Project from 1985 on for many years, still dabble and have my stuff. Timeline ltd is still cooking up something to top that they say.
MP had and has the easiest to use and best system for bullet damage. We stole it and used it in the d&d system for arrows to the knee...

Rob

GHPBOwner 04-16-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentSmith (Post 2685268)
I ran and played The Morrow Project from 1985 on for many years, still dabble and have my stuff. Timeline ltd is still cooking up something to top that they say.
MP had and has the easiest to use and best system for bullet damage. We stole it and used it in the d&d system for arrows to the knee...

Rob

LOL awesome. I love combining sytems to get a unique set of rules.

bellicose 04-16-2013 01:40 PM

Used to play Marvel (houseruled mostly). Ironic you start this topic, as my friends just started up D&D 4th ed. and I played my first game last week. It has it's limitations, too many checks in my opinion. I have been creating tons of characters, trying to find the most useless and humorless one. Any ideas on class/race?

Greenmtnphantom 04-16-2013 01:46 PM

Just thought of this but those that like just playing and being dorky and having a good time, not taking it very serious. Try a Card/Board game called Munchkin.