mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
A pretty good guy

If they're plain old africanized bees
just use hot soapy water and hose them down, Dawn is usually the preferred
or
what everyone else has ever told me
Diesel!!!

My advice:
get a bug zapper, plug it in
grab a beer, grab a chair and enjoy watching the little F***ers get zapped and catch fire
karni-collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Found some wasps with a half completed nest in my shed a couple of years ago when I went to get my motorbike out for a ride, little buggers didn't seem to understand my leathers were not my skin. Pulled the nest off the roof, took it out side and trampled it, not been back since. Think I got stung a couple of times on the neck in the process but I don't react badly to them.
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Had a ground nest in my backyard. I found it when our dog came running to the door with a couple of wasps working him over...for the second time that day.

I did a walk around the fence line at dusk and found the entrance to the nest. 1/2 a can of wasp killer, a quick hightail back inside, and 1 slow beer later I went back out and all was quiet. Next morning, no motion, so that weekend I dug it up and found a ton of dead wasps. Good thing the dog found the next and not my daughter (2 years old at the time).
Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Found a basketball sized hornets nest while trimming my holly bush this past summer.

Throw rock at nest.

Raid the buzzy bastards as they swarm.

Rinse and repeat.

Didn't get stung once. First time for everything I suppose.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

I enjoy killing them little devils. One year had a nest in a bird house so I shot some pellets at it for a while before smashing the house to the ground and flaring it like a pancake with a fence post. Or there was the time I found one under a pallet so I shot at it with my marker till it was dislodged from the pallet then crushed it with a large rock. For ground nests I usually just pile dirt over their entrances so they can't escape or sometimes depending on how dry the grass is poor gas let it soak in then have a little fire. Love watching them fry on my bug zapper too.

On a side note baking soda and water mixed makes a paste that when applied over a sting instantly takes all pain away. Works for the pets as well.
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I remember standing on a balcony once trying to pick off individual bees with a scoped .22. We did this for a few hours. A 12 gauge to a nest really gets attention
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat