mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Satclaire View Post
Best these three hairdresser-looking mouthbreathers stick to pulling such stunts in CA. Elsewhere, concealed carry laws exist and the right to defend oneself against unlawful infliction of death/serious bodily injury with deadly force is available (even to bail jumping criminals).

Point an air gun at someone's face and then knock out their eye with it, after jumping them in a public place without any signs of aggression on their part? Not only should they be allowed to kill you in self defense, they are allowed to kill you in self defense.
Why this is wrong:
When a person is released on bail, it means that the state is allowing a person who would otherwise be in jail, to go free under certain conditions, pending his or her trial. The traditional view of American courts is that the state continues to have the same power over an accused prisoner whether or not he or she is released on bail. Indeed, in order to secure his or her release on bail, the accused usually has to sign a contract that gives broad powers to the bail bondsman. And so, if a person jumps bail, the state or its agents -- in this case, the bail bondsmen -- have the same power that they would have, for example, over an escaped convict.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Satclaire View Post
Best these three hairdresser-looking mouthbreathers stick to pulling such stunts in CA. Elsewhere, concealed carry laws exist and the right to defend oneself against unlawful infliction of death/serious bodily injury with deadly force is available (even to bail jumping criminals).

Point an air gun at someone's face and then knock out their eye with it, after jumping them in a public place without any signs of aggression on their part? Not only should they be allowed to kill you in self defense, they are allowed to kill you in self defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
Amen
Concur.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-Swipe View Post
And so, if a person jumps bail, the state or its agents -- in this case, the bail bondsmen -- have the same power that they would have, for example, over an escaped convict.
does that include the power to inflict permanent injuries?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
Of course not seizure of his sight does not balance in return for his apprehension. I never said it was justified, I actually said the exactly opposite earlier in the post. I don't understand why you are attacking something I didn't infer.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
Thank you heinous. You read my mind. I might not always agree with your posts but on this one you are spot on. Regardless of the conditions imposed on a bailed out accused person their right to be free from harm trumps the state's right to apprehend them or at least that's my understanding from asking some American friends and family. The way I see it is ok arresting the guy and taking him back to jail for violating his bail conditions sure I don't think anyone could argue that. But to do so in a manner that in any other circumstances would be assault and kidnapping? Not cool. Not to mention if someone is an officer of the court to be able to use their powers do they not have to identify themselves (no knock warrants notwithstanding but that's another discussion). Granted even if knew who the bondsmen where the way they went about this was wrong. he runs so what? That does not give them the right to tase him (as tasing if you're trained in it's use is only supposed to use in places you would use a gun but do not want to kill so you instead incapacitate) and the rubber bullets are a whole other ball game. Those are said to be less than lethal however will still cause serious injury. I say if the guy was truly blinded permanently regardless of whether his bond was revoked or not he should be able to sue the tits off these women

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Phantom Lover

Assuming they had the right to grab him.

The mistake was in not closing in on him and announcing who they were - she walked up and grabbed his arm, tried to bring him up from a sitting position and put his hand up his back.

Told him then his bond had been revoked and then secind chick arrived with tazer.

It escalated from there and wasn't coming back.
Feedback
BoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
ex cops and an ex correction officer?
really?
fooled me....
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
I've porked many

What happens when they go up against someone truly dangerous? They get their ***ses handed to them on camera.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-Swipe View Post
I'm sorry if you aren't a big enough person to take someone down on your own this job isn't for you.
Maybe we should fire every cop that isn't 6'8" and 300lbs.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBRevolution View Post
Maybe we should fire every cop that isn't 6'8" and 300lbs.
Different story cops job relies on people co-operating rarely do they have wrestle people to the ground. If they come at officers tasers are allowed. Bounty hunters go after people who will not cooperate and will be disgruntled right off the bat.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat