mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

regardless of whatever conclusion we all come up with, none of us are in the position to pass the final judgment of what will happen to those involved. I'll leave that to those that know the laws better. I can say for myself, if crazy B****ES came into Arbys pointing weapons at me, I'd run like hell too.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-Swipe View Post
I can tell you didn't read my previous post. And you didn't read the context of the post I was replying to. So pat yourself on the back for replying on my post out of context.
You do realize John Satclaire is a lawyer?

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by pillage; 04-25-2013 at 10:42 AM.
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Satclaire View Post
That's nice, but it doesn't change the fact that anyone--even an escaped convict--has the right to meet an unlawful act of aggression reasonably believed to result in death or serious bodily injury with deadly force.

If you'd like to make the argument that what these three clowns did was a lawful act of aggression because of his status and their being agents of the State, good luck. I've seen no facts to support those conclusions.

Unless you watched a different video than I did, this assumes facts not in evidence.

John I believe that if these ladies had the means to hire someone as brilliant a lawyer as you, that the judge would be soundly educated as to how the entire process was not only lawful, but of benefit to the community. I think there is room on both sides of the argument, and were you inclined you could use that space to inch the other side out.

Haven't seen the video, just read the posts.

And to whoever pointed out John is a lawyer, sure, but they are a dime a dozen. John is a rarer breed; too bad he sits on the wrong side of the political spectrum, we could use a guy like him!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Regardless of personal opinions on the matter, this is an "industry" in dire need of oversight and a regulatory overhaul. It is more accurate to say that bounty hunters operate "outside" the law than within it. Police are highly trained professionals who must have very specific propbable cause, or in most cases a warrant issued by a court to be kicking in someone's door or jumping them on the street. In many states, a bounty hunter is just a person someone hired to grab another person, there is no regualtion at all. That act of two business persons engaging in a contract magically exempts one of the parties from most firearms, assault, kidnapping and home invasion laws accross much of the nation apparantly. Say, "I am a bounty hunter", and guess wht you are one and if a bail bondsman hires you to catch a bail jumper and voila, you now have more power than a police officer to go on a justice rampage. That is INSANE.

Last edited by WilD; 04-25-2013 at 01:25 PM.
WilD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilD View Post
Regardless of personal opinions on the matter, this is an "industry" in dire need of oversight and a regulatory overhaul. It is more accurate to say that bounty hunters operate "outside" the law than within it. Police are highly trained professionals who must have very specific propbable cause, or in most cases a warrant issued by a court to be kicking in someone's door or jumping them on the street. In many states, a bounty hunter is just a person someone hired to grab another person, there is no regualtion at all. That act of two business persons engaging in a contract magically exempts one of the parties from most firearms, assault, kidnapping and home invasion laws accross much of the nation apparantly. Say, "I am a bounty hunter", and guess wht you are one and if a bail bondsman hires you to catch a bail jumper and voila, you now have more power than a police officer to go on a justice rampage. That is INSANE.
We really need to stop calling them bounty hunters. With the exception of those states that have no regulations for this sort of thing they are bail bondsman or bond enforcement agents or warrent apprehension officers. It does require training. Mostly formality type stuff in my opinion is a joke. But that being said they are not useless. Many law enforcement agencies have learned to use bondsmen to their advantage. Its an asset. Like you said bondsmen are not cops. Precisely why cops use them. Good luck trying to wander into the hood looking for someone who doesnt want to be found. Most hood rats can smell a cop a mile away. Even in plain clothes. All of that being said. All the tv shows are a joke. Those arent real bondsmen. Also, bondsmen never go after hardened criminals that gets reserved for people with more appropriate training. Ever heard of "no knocks"? Thats generally what swat does when theres either a fugitive or someone very very bad who skipped bail. The people bondsmen go after are mostly just petty thugs or otherwise screw ups. Thats why the show is dumb. If they announced themselves and he still either resisted or ran they had a right to use less lethal methods to put him down. As for the eye whoops too bad shouldn't have resisted. They will be found in the wrong most likely for not announcing themselves but its called LESS lethal for a reason and not NON lethal. To be honest i dont feel sorry for whatever happens to either group.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
J
And to whoever pointed out John is a lawyer, sure, but they are a dime a dozen. John is a rarer breed; too bad he sits on the wrong side of the political spectrum, we could use a guy like him!
My point in bringing up the lawyer thing, was a layman arguing legal points with one who is considered a professional. Any lawyer should have had at least a bare minimum of legal education on what is or is not legal, before he is admitted to the Bar, even if he is kind of out there politically. It doesn't mean they are necessarily right in all their arguments, but it does mean they have some background on their positions, and possibly have the resources on hand to back said position.

On the original subject, I can see how the TV bounty hunter shows certainly bring out the lowest common denominator for the ratings. It makes me wonder what the legality of filming someone else involved in the so called arrest is. To me it seems they are just like the dumb-asses who film assaults and post them up on Youtube. They just have better lights and cameras. Also I wonder what the legalities of pulling crap like this in a private business are? If I were the owner of that Arby's I would be pissed as it might very well effect my owners and patrons. It also might open my place of business up to lawsuits and or having my insurance rate jacked up.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage View Post
My point in bringing up the lawyer thing, was a layman arguing legal points with one who is considered a professional. Any lawyer should have had at least a bare minimum of legal education on what is or is not legal, before he is admitted to the Bar, even if he is kind of out there politically. It doesn't mean they are necessarily right in all their arguments, but it does mean they have some background on their positions, and possibly have the resources on hand to back said position.

On the original subject, I can see how the TV bounty hunter shows certainly bring out the lowest common denominator for the ratings. It makes me wonder what the legality of filming someone else involved in the so called arrest is. To me it seems they are just like the dumb-asses who film assaults and post them up on Youtube. They just have better lights and cameras. Also I wonder what the legalities of pulling crap like this in a private business are? If I were the owner of that Arby's I would be pissed as it might very well effect my owners and patrons. It also might open my place of business up to lawsuits and or having my insurance rate jacked up.
I'm not a layman, law student.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat