mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   so, can just anybody be a bounty hunter these days? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/231903-so-can-just-anybody-bounty-hunter-these-days.html)

heinous 04-22-2013 12:23 AM

so, can just anybody be a bounty hunter these days?

‘Lipstick Bounty Hunters’ Face Accusations After Confrontation at Arby’s - ABC News

i mean really? you think he hates you because you're women bounty hunters? you don't think you taking out his eyeball has anything to do with it?

CCM Photographer 04-22-2013 02:07 AM

I can't imagine how this is even remotely acceptable and how does this work?

Granted, I don't know much about this but what they're doing sounds wrong and potentially dangerous to themselves and the people around them, not just the person they are trying to arrest.

Anyone care to explain? :confused:

Edit:

Can they serve warrants?
What about forcing their way into someone's house? I can't imagine he'd just let them in.
Are they obligated to read someone their rights during an arrest?

PistolRogue 04-22-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCM Photographer (Post 2690471)
I can't imagine how this is even remotely acceptable and how does this work?

Granted, I don't know much about this but what they're doing sounds wrong and potentially dangerous to themselves and the people around them, not just the person they are trying to arrest.

Anyone care to explain? :confused:

Edit:

Can they serve warrants?
What about forcing their way into someone's house? I can't imagine he'd just let them in.
Are they obligated to read someone their rights during an arrest?

Since these are people that are under obligation to a bondsman (meaning they've already been arrested, bailed out, and then scheduled to appear in court), if they fail to make that appearance, the bondsmen is on the hook for that failure. They cannot get their money back until the person they bonded out appears in court and I'm sure there's something in the paperwork for the bond that basically allows them to be forcibly detained by bond enforcement agents (bounty hunters) and probably makes the need for a warrant null and void as well.

The people that use bail bondsmen to get out of jail have to agree to the terms of the bondsmen so it's not like this guy didn't know what he could be getting himself into by getting bonded out and then failing to appear.

Cunha 04-22-2013 02:54 AM

Interesting. His poor eyeball.

Fridaddy 04-22-2013 02:55 AM

Each state has their own laws regarding bounty hunting. California has renewd a law that requires 60 hours of training before becoming a bounty hunter. Some states have no training and anyone can be one.

7usabball 04-22-2013 04:45 AM

Those girls are pathetic. They're a joke and a gimmick.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Side-Swipe 04-22-2013 05:00 AM

Honestly I believe this dude is in the right, why?
1. They don't announce themselves (not necessary for bounty hunters, but also it gives him a reason to protest against someone he doesn't know assaulting him).
2. They don't warn him and just start tasering him.
3. Firing rubber bullets at him just seems like aggravated assault.

I'm sorry if you aren't a big enough person to take someone down on your own this job isn't for you.

RAZRBAKK 04-22-2013 06:28 AM

Looked like a TiPX was used there.

Seriously, this has nothing to do with them being women...

John Satclaire 04-22-2013 06:42 PM

Best these three hairdresser-looking mouthbreathers stick to pulling such stunts in CA. Elsewhere, concealed carry laws exist and the right to defend oneself against unlawful infliction of death/serious bodily injury with deadly force is available (even to bail jumping criminals).

Point an air gun at someone's face and then knock out their eye with it, after jumping them in a public place without any signs of aggression on their part? Not only should they be allowed to kill you in self defense, they are allowed to kill you in self defense.

maggot 04-22-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Satclaire (Post 2691086)
Best these three hairdresser-looking mouthbreathers stick to pulling such stunts in CA. Elsewhere, concealed carry laws exist and the right to defend oneself against unlawful infliction of death/serious bodily injury with deadly force is available (even to bail jumping criminals).

Point an air gun at someone's face and then knock out their eye with it, after jumping them in a public place without any signs of aggression on their part? Not only should they be allowed to kill you in self defense, they are allowed to kill you in self defense.

Amen