mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Canada thwarts plot to blow up U.S.-Canada rail line

Well done Canada!

Canada thwarts plot to blow up U.S.-Canada rail line
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 04-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sweet!

+1 for the Canadians (with some help from our friends down south)
Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Very good, it is unfortunate that in this world people feel the need to attempt these attacks.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Old 04-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gun Designer

we should have taken those canucks more seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
MIballer's exploits during his career in MI6 are what the Austin Powers movies are based on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
In a fight of Superman and Chuck Norris...MIballer wins
Old 04-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIballer View Post
we should have taken those canucks more seriously
I thought you did when we helped burn down the white house in 1814? (i kid, i kid)

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

I was hoping this day would never happen. Not in Canada. I guess it was inevitable.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

See no jihad, hear no jihad, speak no jihad...

U.S. and Canada foil Al Qaeda terrorist plot to derail New York to Toronto passenger train, two suspects arrested - NY Daily News

"The suspects, who had planned the attacks more than a year, appear unrelated to the Boston Marathon bombers."

Remember, there is no relation between this planned act of jihad, and the Boston bombing jihad...
Old 04-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
2006 Ontario terrorism plot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We've had this before. At the risk of sounding calloused, one will never completely remove the threat of terrorism--anywhere. Once that is realized, steps to minimize and deal with it can be taken.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
We've had this before. At the risk of sounding calloused, one will never completely remove the threat of terrorism--anywhere. Once that is realized, steps to minimize and deal with it can be taken.
Pretty much. Terrorism went global at least 2 generations ago. It's just we've been mostly untouched by it, until now.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
Pretty much. Terrorism went global at least 2 generations ago. It's just we've been mostly untouched by it, until now.
Agreed. If you include the rebellions as terrorism, this goes back much further for everyone in North America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Canada

Some highlights from the above link:

Quote:
September 22, 1966 - A bazooka attack on the Cuban embassy in Ottawa, Ontario is made.
May 31, 1967: A small bomb explodes at the Cuba Pavilion at Expo 67 in Montreal. The attack is attributed to Cuban Nationalist Action.
January 14, 1980: A large explosion significantly damages the Cuban consulate in Montreal.
June 23, 1985 - Air India flight 182 leaving Montreal, Quebec's Mirabel International Airport is blown up mid-flight to London, England.
April 8, 1982 - Turkish Commercial Counselor to Canada Kani Güngör is paralyzed after an attack by Armenian nationalists at his Ottawa, Ontario apartment.
August 23, 1982 - Turkish military attaché to Canada, Col. Atilla Altıkat, is assassinated by Armenian militants in Ottawa while sitting in his vehicle at a traffic light.
April 7, 1868 - Thomas D'Arcy McGee is assassinated in Ottawa, Ontario by an alleged Irish nationalist or Fenian rebel sympathizer named Patrick Whelan.
September 3, 1984 - Montreal, Quebec's Central Station is bombed, killing 3 people and wounding more than 30. Thomas Bernard Brigham, an elderly retired American armed forces officer, claims to have been protesting Pope John Paul II's visit to Canada.
April 9, 1989 - Charles Yacoub hijacks a bus and drives it to Parliament Hill to protest the Syrian invasion of Lebanon
1963-1969 - Front de libération du Québec (FLQ) starts a bombing campaign at the average rate of one every ten days. Targets included English owned businesses, banks, McGill University and the homes of prominent English speakers.
January 29, 1965 - Two U.S. jets (F-84s) being overhauled by Northwest Industries in Edmonton, Alberta were destroyed and a third damaged when a left-wing group protesting the Vietnam War dynamited the planes; a security guard was killed during the incident.
April 2004 - A Canadian of Lebanese descent firebombs the library of the United Talmud Torahs Montreal Jewish school.
October 2008 to July 2009 - Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Six natural gas pipelines owned by Encana Corp. were bombed after letters were sent to a local newspaper opposing the gas industry.

Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat