mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

book the trip.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
Trip for sure, it will be remembered longer

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Do a trip. I'm going to Disney in June with my girlfriend, and the whole trip cost less to book than my freakin' macbook did. Buying something for someone you care about is one thing, but going somewhere memorable together is the better way to go I think. Take her on a cruise to the islands, or go horseback riding in the mountains...something cool, you know? Has she ever said she wanted to visit anywhere in particular? Now would be a good time to look into that, it'd certainly be a memorable birthday for her.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Honestly, if you listen to her she will tell you everything she wants.

Barring the unpardonable sin of actually listening to a woman (JOKE) you know her best. One down side of overly expensive gifts: she might get angry because she does not have the same amount of money to spend on you.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
breg: your right, shes doesn't have a whole lot of money but i want to treat her well....i guess i have to price out a few places....Vegas was more than i expected ($2,500.00 everything included) for 2 people round trip..
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Palmers Fan
Lubbers' Landing. Abaco's Eco-resort in Abaco, Bahamas on the island of Lubbers Quarters. Rental Cottages(house, home, villa), boats, bar, and restaurant- all island style!

Paradise, and cheaper than you think

MCB Feedback

Old 04-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Memories are worth more than stuffs.

I have been doing experience-based gifts (rock climbing, trips out of town, concerts, etc.) with my girlfriend since we have been together. We both have too much crap, it is nice to make memories together.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Memories are worth more than stuffs.

I have been doing experience-based gifts (rock climbing, trips out of town, concerts, etc.) with my girlfriend since we have been together. We both have too much crap, it is nice to make memories together.
Biggest lesson I have had to learn with my love life. Now when I buy gifts for the therapist they are generally things that go wi activites we do together. I just put together a welcome to being a boater gift bag for her since she is going to be new to the sailboat lifestyle this summer. We both have way to much useless ****, it means a lot to either of us when we take the time to find something special to improve the favorite things we go together.

MCB Feedback

Old 04-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot to thrill View Post
Biggest lesson I have had to learn with my love life. Now when I buy gifts for the therapist they are generally things that go wi activites we do together. I just put together a welcome to being a boater gift bag for her since she is going to be new to the sailboat lifestyle this summer. We both have way to much useless ****, it means a lot to either of us when we take the time to find something special to improve the favorite things we go together.
That's awesome! My Christmas gift to my girlfriend was a rock climbing class with month membership and her own shoes/harness. It was the perfect balance of stuff and activity, especially since she has been trying to get back into it.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
that's cool but my gf doesn't have any hobbies really besides scrap booking, she loves to travel which i like to do too but i know she wont buy herself a mac book because of the price tag...shes very froogle with her money and i don't blame her....this is why im stuck and dont know what to do...Dm6Rocker: i asked her if she has ever gone to Disney Land and she said she hasn't since she was a little kid. I might look into that...i dont know. Trip sounds about right, just want to see what is best and affordable (under 2,000 in total of flight, food, etc..)
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat