mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

Just bought a harley

Saw it at a garage sale for $5000 2011 883 Sportster super low. While I didn't need the dang thing, I have always wanted a bigger bike than my dads 250 ninja. The odometer just rolled over for 300 miles so I will probably get it checked out by the local Harley shop.

I usually just ride on back highways but with this I should have a bit more power and weight to take on the Kansas Interstates(Once I pass the break in period.)

Any other bikers out there?
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Congrats!! So jealous right now...

I want either a softail slim or the new breakout but my better half vetoed any such purchase. Enjoy the bike man!

There is a biker thread around here somewhere.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I bought a SuperGlide last year because I wanted a Harley. While it does not have the performance of my Honda 919 I enjoy the Harley so much I sold the Honda. Its a lot of fun

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Now you have to get black hurley boots, Jean pants, a black hd shirt from a shop that is not your local one, and a bandana and you will be just like the rest of them. Oh and super super loud obnoxious pipes that take away power but are loud. And highway bars with pegs on them so you can put your feet up on the highway like a girl going to a gyno visit. And you have to have a mean look on your face all the time and spit at anyone on a non hurley because you "dare to be different" just like all the other hurley owners.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
Now you have to get black hurley boots, Jean pants, a black hd shirt from a shop that is not your local one, and a bandana and you will be just like the rest of them. Oh and super super loud obnoxious pipes that take away power but are loud. And highway bars with pegs on them so you can put your feet up on the highway like a girl going to a gyno visit. And you have to have a mean look on your face all the time and spit at anyone on a non hurley because you "dare to be different" just like all the other hurley owners.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Congrats on the new bike. I been riding for 10 or so years now (Cruisers & SportTouring). Have fun out there and keep the rubber side down and watch out for inattentive cage drivers (recovering for last 9 months because of that reason). I plan to ride again soon as I am able.

There truly is no better way to travel and experiance your surroundings then on the back of a motorcycle.

Last edited by TinyBear; 06-12-2013 at 04:00 PM.
TinyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
So is the complaint that your are trying to make that Harley owners are condescending?

PS: hate loud exhaust - hurts my head. I don't understand why you would move your feet away from the controls especially considering how poor Harley brakes are - you need both to stop. I like my helmet.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Congrats!! So jealous right now...

I want either a softail slim or the new breakout but my better half vetoed any such purchase. Enjoy the bike man!

There is a biker thread around here somewhere.
My other half vetoed but the parents both approved(so hah!), when I pick it up I will post pictures of it.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Congrats on getting the bike .I have been riding 10 years and cannot see my self stopping. Have a 2008 Yamaha raider
Attached Images

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Syko89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

Quote:
And highway bars with pegs on them so you can put your feet up on the highway like a girl going to a gyno visit.
This one I absolutely hate, I don't understand anyone who has highway pegs like this. Forward controls I can understand, highway pegs just no....

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat