mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Need airsoft recommendation

Looking for something for my son for $100 or less. Need something thats reliable and won't jam. It also has to be available at airsplat.com since I have a credit there.

Thanks!
kethdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

A little more info would be helpful
beginner, intermediate or weekend warrior
spring gas or electric
pistol cqb sniper assault styling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

We had purchased this modelE G36C RIS Airsoft Electric LPEG Rifle. He says it jams all the time. I guess we are looking for another electric model. This is for an 11 year old beginner to run around the neighborhood with.

Thanks.
kethdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to 2SIC4U

echo1 or jg are good brands for the money.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Is Tokyo Marui still the best? I remember when I was into airsoft, they were the most reliable. Basically, the Honda/Toyota of airsoft.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyePower View Post
Is Tokyo Marui still the best? I remember when I was into airsoft, they were the most reliable. Basically, the Honda/Toyota of airsoft.
Unless you're finding a used springer, i doubt you're gonna find a Tokyo Marui for $100. Tokyo Marui is pretty expensive stuff.

edit: Sorry. I misread your post. TM is definitely up there but its quite arguable whether or not they're the best. There are quite a few brands here n there that do compete quite well. They're still really good, but they charge a pretty hefty price for their products. They still do make the indisputably best gas pistols tho.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; 06-30-2013 at 09:16 PM.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SIC4U View Post
echo1 or jg are good brands for the money.
I haven't looked into airsoft since middle school, but JG and Echo 1 were always known as the best for the money, especially JG for being cheap and reliable, and Echo 1 for reliability (and being made in the US if I remember correctly).

I've noted with airsoft, it truly is a, "You get what you pay for". And "ALWAYS listen to the reviews". My friend has the JG AUG and I remember that being a really reliable gun.

My KART M14 EBR on the other hand, was a piece of ****, which is where I say listen to the reviews. It was cool, badass looking, but too many problems. Though the Echo 1 M14 EBR (which was like $100 more) had much better reviews and probably would've been better.

My brother had the JG SVD Dragunov. It shot reliably, but the fit for the battery was horrible and a serious problem. Not worth the hassle.

I remember always seeing great reviews for this.
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-GX-MP5K-G5.htm
Me and my brother always wanted to get one, or two to dual wield. :P So I can't say they're really great, but something I've always wanted when I was airsofting...

Last edited by Pr3mium; 07-01-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Pr3mium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Echo1 guns are not made in the USA. Most of their lines are actually rebrands of JG guns. Usually they'll take the JG, replace the spring and other components for reliabilty, shim it, then pack it up.
The airsoft industry has improved in the last few years. Quite a few guns on the market that are reliable yet are significantly cheaper than "high end" airsoft guns.
If your son is not going to be using it seriously (like at a field) I would suggest a spring powered shotgun. I'll look on airsplat later to see if they have the one I used to use.
dragon1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sorry for double post but on my phone.

This is a nice shotgun:
UTG Tri-Shot Combat Commando Shotgun CQB - CQB Shotgun Airsoft Gun - AirSplat.com - AirSoft Gun Warehouse
Get him extra shells:
UTG Multi-Shot Combat Shotgun Shells - CQB Shotgun Airsoft Gun - AirSplat.com - AirSoft Gun Warehouse

Pump is a bit heavy but lordy its a fun one to use.
dragon1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

I haven't been into airsoft in at least... 8 years. Wow. Just started doing some research and was blown away with all the new technology. They have gas blowback rifles that run on HPA with a remote line? Sweet! Costs around $700 though... that's a little much for a BB gun. My AR cost about that much.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat