mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   iPhone 5 or Samsung S4 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/236478-iphone-5-samsung-s4.html)

DSA 06-27-2013 02:36 PM

iPhone 5 or Samsung S4

I love iOS products but this damn little screen and my aging eyes have me struggling to enjoy my phone. Yesterday I went to best buy and played with the S4, wow I was amazed the OS was no longer sluggish and the screen was readable. I currently have an iPhone 4S but I am now considering switching over. Therefore my question is this: have any of you made the switch from iOS or to iOS, and if so do you have any regrets?

blitz121 06-27-2013 02:46 PM

I have an Ipod touch(Maybe similar) I like it for my media, but my Droid RAZR does all of it, some guy here at work got the S4 and loves it.

Donut SD 06-27-2013 03:02 PM

Guy at work switched to a samsung. Over time like all android OS's it'll slow down if you don't stay on top of making sure that too many programs are running in the background. Outside of that it's great he says.

I left the droid type OS for iOS and prefer it. It's all preference. There's more open source things you can do with the droid OS's but I don't use those.

Kermit 06-27-2013 04:13 PM

I can't speak for the S4, but my experience with android OS devices is that they tend to bog down over time. I had a Droid X and it started having issues after 2 years of regular use. My girlfriend's S3 has had the same series of events.

If you have any question on whether or not the iPhone 5 is a good upgrade, I'd suggest it. I still have an iPhone 4 and it's a great phone, but I am planning on the iPhone 5 being my next phone shortly. The retina display is a great addition.

Bloop 06-27-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kermit (Post 2744409)
I can't speak for the S4, but my experience with android OS devices is that they tend to bog down over time. I had a Droid X and it started having issues after 2 years of regular use. My girlfriend's S3 has had the same series of events.

If you have any question on whether or not the iPhone 5 is a good upgrade, I'd suggest it. I still have an iPhone 4 and it's a great phone, but I am planning on the iPhone 5 being my next phone shortly. The retina display is a great addition.

The iphone 4 already has a retina display.

Ontopic, I'd say get the Samsung galaxy s3. There isn't a gigantic difference between the s3 and s4 and the s3 alone is better than the iphone 5 in many ways [The upcoming ios 7 basically just gives in the iphones what the s3's already had]. You said your eyes are aging as well? Get the Samsung galaxy note 2, it has a nice big screen. The s3 and s4 still have pretty large screens. I'd stay away from the iphone though if your eyes aren't that great.

Hobbes 06-27-2013 04:29 PM

If you're already tied into the iOS system you may as well stick with the iPhone 5. IOS 7 should be pretty nice. If your goal is to have the largest possible screen then Android is really your only option.

You might also want to consider what your must have apps are. For example, IOS has Amazon Instant Video but Android does not.

Danny D 06-28-2013 02:02 AM

I would strongly suggest getting an HTC one. My dad went from ios to the HTC because of his eyes too. He is very happy with it. I have the older version HTC one s. It's amazing. Hasn't bogged down at all. I think that is an issue if you have anything lower end. The s4 should be good to go too. But I believe the HTC is the superior phone.

heinous 06-28-2013 03:11 AM

the only samsung phone i ever owned was the only one that broke. on the other hand apple products are way overpriced.

can't help you here :p

~spd3~ 06-28-2013 04:14 AM

Had apple, worked out ok for me for a little while, went with the android infuse, then the HTC then to a Note, i prefer android. i can deal with the bogging issue, just keep up with your system. The S4 is a nice unit. friend just got one.

freedom 06-28-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSA (Post 2744333)
this damn little screen and my aging eyes have me struggling to enjoy my phone

there is an option to change screen type sizes under settings somewhere.