mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

iPhone 5 or Samsung S4

I love iOS products but this damn little screen and my aging eyes have me struggling to enjoy my phone. Yesterday I went to best buy and played with the S4, wow I was amazed the OS was no longer sluggish and the screen was readable. I currently have an iPhone 4S but I am now considering switching over. Therefore my question is this: have any of you made the switch from iOS or to iOS, and if so do you have any regrets?

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have an Ipod touch(Maybe similar) I like it for my media, but my Droid RAZR does all of it, some guy here at work got the S4 and loves it.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

Guy at work switched to a samsung. Over time like all android OS's it'll slow down if you don't stay on top of making sure that too many programs are running in the background. Outside of that it's great he says.

I left the droid type OS for iOS and prefer it. It's all preference. There's more open source things you can do with the droid OS's but I don't use those.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I can't speak for the S4, but my experience with android OS devices is that they tend to bog down over time. I had a Droid X and it started having issues after 2 years of regular use. My girlfriend's S3 has had the same series of events.

If you have any question on whether or not the iPhone 5 is a good upgrade, I'd suggest it. I still have an iPhone 4 and it's a great phone, but I am planning on the iPhone 5 being my next phone shortly. The retina display is a great addition.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
I can't speak for the S4, but my experience with android OS devices is that they tend to bog down over time. I had a Droid X and it started having issues after 2 years of regular use. My girlfriend's S3 has had the same series of events.

If you have any question on whether or not the iPhone 5 is a good upgrade, I'd suggest it. I still have an iPhone 4 and it's a great phone, but I am planning on the iPhone 5 being my next phone shortly. The retina display is a great addition.
The iphone 4 already has a retina display.

Ontopic, I'd say get the Samsung galaxy s3. There isn't a gigantic difference between the s3 and s4 and the s3 alone is better than the iphone 5 in many ways [The upcoming ios 7 basically just gives in the iphones what the s3's already had]. You said your eyes are aging as well? Get the Samsung galaxy note 2, it has a nice big screen. The s3 and s4 still have pretty large screens. I'd stay away from the iphone though if your eyes aren't that great.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Brass N Wood Fan
If you're already tied into the iOS system you may as well stick with the iPhone 5. IOS 7 should be pretty nice. If your goal is to have the largest possible screen then Android is really your only option.

You might also want to consider what your must have apps are. For example, IOS has Amazon Instant Video but Android does not.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Modder at heart

I would strongly suggest getting an HTC one. My dad went from ios to the HTC because of his eyes too. He is very happy with it. I have the older version HTC one s. It's amazing. Hasn't bogged down at all. I think that is an issue if you have anything lower end. The s4 should be good to go too. But I believe the HTC is the superior phone.
Danny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

the only samsung phone i ever owned was the only one that broke. on the other hand apple products are way overpriced.

can't help you here
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
33 rounds per minute

CCM Fan
Had apple, worked out ok for me for a little while, went with the android infuse, then the HTC then to a Note, i prefer android. i can deal with the bogging issue, just keep up with your system. The S4 is a nice unit. friend just got one.

I Have FeedBack:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
~spd3~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Deplorable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
this damn little screen and my aging eyes have me struggling to enjoy my phone
there is an option to change screen type sizes under settings somewhere.

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barack Hussein Obama = Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated Upon the American People

freedom is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat