mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

went to ireland

Wow, was in Belfast and i never knew about that peace wall there its pretty crazy. As anyone else been there its something to see that's for sure. It amazes me that something Like this doesn't get more attention.
chi town saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Of all the wonderful, beautiful things to see in Ulster, why would you choose to focus on bringing that up?

Please tell me you did more than just try to talk to locals about the Troubles.

wts bko for cheap
jc_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_10 View Post
Of all the wonderful, beautiful things to see in Ulster, why would you choose to focus on bringing that up?
Beautiful things exist everywhere... If you stuck that wall somewhere in Africa or South America it'd make magazine covers in the US time and time again until something was done about the issues that caused it to be erected.

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 06-29-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Beautiful things exist everywhere... If you stuck that wall somewhere in Africa or South America it'd make magazine covers in the US time and time again until something was done about the issues that caused it to be erected.
The world didn't care in 1969 and it doesn't care today. You can't watch a film or read a Martin Dillon book and expect to understand. It's much more than acronyms and glorified gangs.

I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a bunch of 5th generation Americans who've never even been to Ireland posting tiocfaidh ar la.

wts bko for cheap
Old 06-29-2013, 02:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

I stayed in Dublin I saw the gorgeous landscapes buildings. I Am a history guy love learning about the worst and the best times in history is known this we can try and make a better future. I took the black taxi and that was so informative and so crazy to hear. this was my first time seeing this type of stuff and was shock and wanted to know if others have seen it and what there first thought was.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi town saint View Post
I stayed in Dublin I saw the gorgeous landscapes buildings. I Am a history guy love learning about the worst and the best times in history is known this we can try and make a better future. I took the black taxi and that was so informative and so crazy to hear. this was my first time seeing this type of stuff and was shock and wanted to know if others have seen it and what there first thought was.
Did you visit Croke Park? The wounded angels in at the O'Connell monument? Kilmainham Gaol? Guinness Storehouse?

Did you piss in the Liffey? Get lost on the north side of town after dark?

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, TELL ME YOU ATE IN A SUPERMAC'S

wts bko for cheap
Old 06-29-2013, 03:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Phantom Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_10 View Post
Of all the wonderful, beautiful things to see in Ulster
You misspelled Northen Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi town saint View Post
The black cab stuff is designed to thrill. It's true but the "sexy" highlights. Consider it "Terrorist Tourism".

NI gets little attention as it's a backwater and the troubles a slow, uninteresting cycle of the same ****, every day.

Over 3500 people were killed in the troubles over 30 years. More than that died in 1 hour on 9/11. The troubles weren't sexy enough to get long term coverage. Anyone hear what's happening in Haiti or Japan recently?

They only came to the surface when it affected "real people" e.g. the Brighton bombings, Warrington etc

There a ton of cool things to see in Belfast - the new Titanic Museum is supposed to be great, even Belfast castle, a walk up Cavehill, the Linenhall Library. Get out of the city and go to the Ulster-American Folk Park nr. Omagh. See how the Irish population made the transition to America, go to one of the many country houses on the way - Florencecourt, Castle Coole - head up the Antrim Coast just because it's awesome.

Top secret tip - Belfast is kind of a ****hole.
Feedback
BoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yea, but really I went their to study domestic and foreign terrorism for my law enforcement classes. That's why I mostly saw the city. Went in to grada headquarters went in to their. Did get into the brewery went to the town where it all started which was cool. On my free time I mostly stay at temple bar. I did mean force this to turn in to something just wanna to know some thoughts about the peace walls and thoughts about the city in in general nothing much of the history part.

Last edited by chi town saint; 06-29-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I am planning my trip for September soon.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm going in November for 10 days, I can't wait! 4 days in Bray with my dad and then 5 days going to Galway, County Mayo to see Croagh Patrick, Sligo, Derry, Belfast and back to Dublin before departing.

And to JC_10, sounds like the OP had a pretty good reason to visit and talk about the things he did. But I guess he shouldn't bring it up in case it sets off Irish "stereotypes"?

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat