mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
yea.... This stuff sucks ***. Don't waste yall's money. It rubs off with your finger even after the 12 hour curing time. You'd think it had the durability of spray paint with a name like Rust-Oleum.
What did you use it on?

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #32 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
If you think about it, if nothing sticks to it. How do you expect for it to stick to anything?

If it rubs off that easily. I wonder if there is any practical application?
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Knew it. Oh well, their hype worked. Everyone knows about it now.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
This review I submitted to Home Depots website got rejected.

I'm a technology enthusiast, I saw this product on Geek.com with a youtube video (that will probably soon be removed). I had high hopes for this product, especially for electronics. At the end of the youtube video one of the scientists explains how to coat your iphone and then he drops his into a bucket of water and pulls it out without issue. But he neglects to mention that if you put your headphones into the phone or plug your charger in you will scrape off the waterproof coating and your phone will be toast. Rustoleum simply says DO NOT USE ON ELECTRONICS... the youtube video is very misleading... This is a PSA for anyone wanting to use this product for that - I'm not speaking from experience. The coating isn't clear and it feels like sandpaper, you can actually rub it off with your finger even after the 12hour curing time. Being Rustoleum I thought the waterproof coating would have the durability of spray paint but it doesn't. You'll probably find yourself reapplying nightly to your boots because every bump, scrape, ding, in addition to the toe creases from walking will rub off the waterproof coating in one day or less. The application takes far too long also (Spray #1 - wait 30mins. Spray #2 wait 30mins to 12hours.) For the swimming pool industry I thought this would be an incredible product to spray onto the glazed tile line of swimming pools, metal & stone on fountains but it's not clear, smooth, or durable enough. The price is outrageous also at $1.33 - $2.00 per foot. And you'll go through more of can #2 than #1 and they're not sold separately. The only practical use I can imagine is for very large applications such as spraying the side of your house where your sprinklers hit to avoid those gross looking iron stains and algae. Tile and grout in showers to avoid mildew, things like that. But it's far too expensive and doesn't last long enough to be worth it. I think this product needs to be reformulated or find a different - very specific market. Maybe a box of magic tricks - no joke. There's also a lot of typos on their loose instruction sheet in the box. I think the concept of the product is awesome but it's more of a novelty item, like in the video - it's a lot of fun but not very practical. Ironically, it seems to work best on cardboard.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

next product: neverwear, never wears out, but always wet.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Quote:
How could a review get rejected? That sucks. That review was informative and honest.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #37 (permalink)
First Mate

Quote:
I would keep submitting it over and over. Reviews shouldn't be rejected on the basis of them negatively affecting sales (as long as they are factual like yours is).

If after the third or fourth time it was still rejected, I would submit a formal complaint to Home Depot as well as the BBB.

ThickChestHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
There is only one explanation.

The Illuminati own neverwet in attempts to drain money from the private sector!!
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
...Ironically, it seems to work best on cardboard.
Lets make a boat!
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #40 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
yea.... This stuff sucks ***. Don't waste yall's money. It rubs off with your finger even after the 12 hour curing time. You'd think it had the durability of spray paint with a name like Rust-Oleum.
aww that sucks. I had such great plans for pranks on people this summer.
I wanted to coat a few towels with it and lend them to friends at the beach and watch them "try" to dry off

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat