mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Capitol Money Gaming

Send a message via Skype™ to dmartindrummer

Question about a Killer.... a Tank killer

Recently played at Skirmish's Invasion of Normandy 2013 and a great time but ran out of paint so quickly. So the team I was with offered me to be their tank killer/protector for the rest of the weekend. Doing so was one of the best times of my paintball career. I know they sell premade launchers but the one I used was homemade and shot a nerf aero rocket accurately, generally, at about 100 yards. I was wondering how hard it is to make this type of system and was wondering if the people that have already made them have diagrams for theirs? If so i'd love to look at them so I can more understand the system and maybe one day build my own.

My Feedback MCB

Dangerous Power G4 in Purple, Dye Stainless Steel Boomstick/Smart parts tear drop, Empire Ultra 56/4500 HPA tank, Valken Vmax (Halo Broke )
old style Sheridan PGP

dmartindrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
I lika doa the cha cha

Its suprisingly simple, how was it propelled? I am guessing CO2/HPA?
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Spudfiles will send you in the right direction. Reed around the forums a bit, i be surprised if there wasn't a tonne of good info.
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Keep in mind, many scenarios I've recently played don't allow homemade launchers.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Not in the picture

The 'Tank/Anti-Tank Equipment' section of PBN's Scenario area has a number of pretty good threads on this.

Here's the first I found on quick review:
Launchers

The guy 'Boom Master' in there has a lot of good information scattered across various threads, and if you search for other posts of his you will come up with most of the big questions already answered.

That having been said, a lot of fields will only allow commercially manufactured launchers, or otherwise have strict rules about their construction, because sometimes it's hard to judge the safety of somebody's garage creation. If you want to build something just to mess around with and maybe have a few fields allow you to use it, that's cool, just be prepared to have other fields deny your use of a home-brew launcher.
www.knightstalkerspaintball.com
www.oxcc.com
Yellow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Keep in mind, many scenarios I've recently played don't allow homemade launchers.
This. While it is possible to build a homebrew launcher that is safe, most fields simply won't take the chance and therefore allow manufactured launchers only. I thought Skirmish had gone to that rule as well, but if they haven't, that makes them the only field I've played on the East coast in the last 3 years that still allows them.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
This. While it is possible to build a homebrew launcher that is safe, most fields simply won't take the chance and therefore allow manufactured launchers only. I thought Skirmish had gone to that rule as well, but if they haven't, that makes them the only field I've played on the East coast in the last 3 years that still allows them.
Skirmish is safe? Surely you jest.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Two commercial launchers I can think of are the JCS Alias and Metadyne Havoc that perform and are proven. Home brewed have issues for the above mentioned safety factors but if you are running outlaw then there are no rules on that stuff.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Gun whore to the core

Brass N Wood Fan
Coming from personal experience, the commercially manufactured launchers are far superior to anything I've ever seen that was homemade. Also, like other people have mentioned, I would go so far to say that more than 3/4 the fields in my state ban the use of homemade launchers due to the unknown factor.

Nowadays, insurance reasons drive the decisions on safety for all insured fields.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
it must have slipped by somehow, at leas as when I was still there homemade launchers were not allowed. Only legitimately manufactured launchers were allowed on field.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat