mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Best warranty / customer service

I just got off the phone with Verizon. We have been having a problem with a Samsung Galaxy SIII and service at our house. It worked the first two months but then there were updates and it has not worked for roughly six months since then. When my wife went into preterm labor and it dropped calls between her and the doctor it fell and broke (baby and wife are fine). I have visited Verizon at least 4 times in regards to this problem of course now that it is broken they are telling me all the things they would have done (but did not) if it were broken. Verizon and I are now discussing the fact that a contract is two way, I feel they have played a bait and switch, and I will no longer be paying a premium price for what is subpar service. Supposedly corporate will call me back but I doubt they want me to start a viral anti-marketing campaign involving pregnant wife, preterm labor, America's "most reliable" network, and "can you hear me now". We will see.

On the other side I was thinking about companies that make ridiculous claims and actually honor them and it came up in another thread.

DARN TOUGH socks. I ordered a couple pairs for running as I have had good luck in the past with their products. They are good products, a slightly premium price, but do what they say they do. Their warranty statement is "if you can wear these socks out we'll replace them." I have actually had to warranty a couple pairs after some heavy use (and I tend to abuse socks and shoes) and they do in fact warranty them.

So now I have my tale for the day of the best customer service / warranty and the worst.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Darn tough socks you say?
I'm gunna have to look them up.
Thanks.

Seriously Tippmann. Anytime I call I saw thi is broken. Then send me new stuff.

Yankee hill machine. I got a rail outa spec. They said they didn't believe me bc I their strict qc. But to send it back and they would replace it. Done.

Rufus dawg. Had a couple gage cover not come outa the mold right. Sent em a picture. Then sent me new ones.

And lapco. Bought a barrel that wasn't supposed to be bent. It was. Lapco wanted to know how it got bent so they could improve the barrel. New barrel sent out. And they expedited it. Lapco has great customer service.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
It's all good

CCM Fan
CCM. Lifetime warranty on their pump markers and stellar customer service.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

The only warranty work I've used in the paintball industry was with GoG. I got my free eNMEy at Cup last year, and when I tried to remove the bottomline bolts to put on a better ASA, they were Locktited in so hard that I ended up rounding out the cut outs in the frame where the square nuts go; they were just spinning freely in there.
Called up GoG, they said to send it in, and a week later I had the gun back with an entirely new frame. Didn't cost me a penny aside from shipping. Pretty impressive considering I didn't even buy the gun.

As for customer service, no one beats Mike Cassady. Call him up, tell him what you need, it's there in two days. Period.

I haven't had any dealings with any other companies as far as warranty or CS stuff.

*Edit*
I take that back. In college I was a HUGE fan of the Sidekick series. I had a Stock, a Mod, and a Semi. The first two worked flawlessly; the Semi was always leaking. Even though they never did manage to get it fixed for me, they never asked any questions or charged me anything when I would send it in for them to try. And when I took a particularly nasty Superman dive and snapped the frame clean off my Stock, they sent me a whole new gun for free, no questions asked.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com

Last edited by Murf425; 07-19-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

On the flip side, I've been really impressed with my Verizon CS. I broke my iPhone, took it into the store and they looked at it, and said "is this the correct address to ship a new device too?" and I had a new iPhone the next day for no additional cost to me. Never had an issue with them at all. Not the best CS, but not near the worst.

best: tippmann is up there, apple is pretty high up there as well.
worst: Dell. hands down. I spent so many hours trying to get my old computer fixed and now it's just sitting in the closet after I gave up on talking to people in the middle east.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I too have had mixed service from Verizon....I have to say that they are still by far better than AT&T and their coverage is much better than the other guys so I get stuck in a rock and hard place and they keep charging me more...which means I may ultimately go back to flip phone or two cans and a string.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
boo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I just got off the phone with Verizon. We have been having a problem with a Samsung Galaxy SIII and service at our house. It worked the first two months but then there were updates and it has not worked for roughly six months since then.
I think this may be a large part Samsung at fault. I had an issue with my Note II with Sprint. Normally Sprint is good with swapping out phones under warranty, it's been a very simple process in the past. This time around they flat out refused and said that all warranty claims for Samsung have to go through Samsung. Yeah, that does me a lot of good, they only have depot service available, they require you to send your phone first, then they either repair or send back a refurb, takes a few days in transit then at least a week at the service depot.

Yeah, what do I do about a phone? I have no backup as my past 2 phones have been **** *** Samsungs which stopped working...

I really can't wait to get back to Nokia or Motorola, they consistently make the best phones as far as quality.
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Hornady, broke my progressive press (my fault), called them to order parts, told them I broke it and they still insisted it was a warranty issue and apologized that there was a 2-3 day delay in shipping the parts out due to them being very busy. Warranty is lifetime and they never so much as asked where or when I bought it.

Feedback
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
best: tippmann is up there, apple is pretty high up there as well.
worst: Dell. hands down. I spent so many hours trying to get my old computer fixed and now it's just sitting in the closet after I gave up on talking to people in the middle east.
100% agree!

down with Dell!
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Apple was always the best with vs till the last 3-4 years they have changed a little. Still pretty damn good.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat