mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

do you guys like folders or fixed blades? fixed blades feel way more sturdy to me but i can't get over freaking out that i would probably lose either the sheath or the knife in one outdoor trip.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #52 (permalink)

nofxkid2005- give that poor thing a soak in mineral oil stat! Both for the blade & the leather grommet handle.

heinous- its going to depend on what kind of outdoor trips you take and what you'd use it for. For day hiking I use a good multitool and a traditional folder. If I bring a large fixed blade its for recreational tree abuse. Mora's are good cheap fixed blade knives that you shouldn't be afraid to lose.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #53 (permalink)
Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillage View Post
In every day carry, expensive pocket knives tend to get lost, and the owner is out serious change. Lower end pocket knives never get lost, but if they do, a trip to Wally World makes them easy to replace. This coming from someone who makes hand forged laminate and damascus blades.

I've never had that problem. I've carried many highend knives (currently my ZT tiger stripe) including my large Sebenza, my. H.E.S.T 2.0, and my Emerson. Maybe it's because I care for my knives, not sure though.
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat