mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Been meaning to do this, but.....

So a couple of years ago, I ran across a virus on my work computer. My IT guy spent some time on the phone with me and probably 4-5 hours minimum trying to clean the computer. He got it running and it seemed to be ok. A couple of weeks later, a box pops up on my doorstep and my office sent me a new desktop to replace it. It was a nice and shiny all in one Dell Vostro. However, me being the lazy/procrastinating person I am left it in the corner and continued to use the other one. Yeah I am that lazy some times, especially when it comes to computers. I hate switching them as I always have to spend days/weeks getting them set back up exactly how I want them, I lose emails, favorites etc. (probably some easy way to save all of this, but Im too uninterested to learn). Anyways.... yes probably over a year later, I finally got aggravated with the slowness of the old computer, partially prompted by realizing I was running IE8 and couldn't upgrade because the machine was running XP still, and pulled the new one out and got it set up. Of course I had to have my IT guy call me and walk me through getting the wireless to work, but hey I have a new computer now.....AND HOLY CRAP! What a difference. I am so irritated that I waited this long to get it out. probably 1000% faster, no lag when switching windows, its freaking awesome! Which is typical. Why the heck did I wait so long?

So what things does everyone else procrastinate doing that when they finally do it ends up being worth doing?
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

I'm running a 4 year old machine at work. I just watched a bunch of people get new machines.... half of those folks will be retiring in a year (or less) so hopefully I can beg/borrow/steal one of those unless (like I've been told now for over a year) I finally get my own new machine.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

We are supposed to get new machines every 2 years at work. I hate it because I have to set everything up again. I made my last one last almost 5 years. We are so slow up get new versions of basic things (like IE) that it doesn't really matter. I think new machines started coming with windows 7 as of 6-9 months ago.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just got a new machine and it is worse then my old one. It is faster but sure has a lot of issues.

We are upgrading servers now and had to replace everything that ran XP.
No Have MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Getting your laptop stolen is a great way to switch? I was forced to move from 7 year old core2duo running xp to an i5. Good thing I have backups of my work.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat