mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

At least I am not the only one interested in other things. Instead of marker its car parts for my car. I think I have plateaued when it comes to paintball markers.

My B/S/T Feedback
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

yeah, other things can be great. I live about 2 miles from truman lake, half an hour from lake of the ozarks(rurel part of it), 1 1/2 miles from the katy trail and about a 1/2 hour drive from two sets of good mountain bike trails. Had to give up bowling after something tore in the shoulder but still manage to play disc golf every now and then.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Obeastly View Post
yeah, other things can be great. I live about 2 miles from truman lake, half an hour from lake of the ozarks(rurel part of it), 1 1/2 miles from the katy trail and about a 1/2 hour drive from two sets of good mountain bike trails. Had to give up bowling after something tore in the shoulder but still manage to play disc golf every now and then.
It doesn't sound like you have grown up yet. When you grow up, there is no time for any of those things.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
It doesn't sound like you have grown up yet. When you grow up, there is no time for any of those things.
Amen.

Quote:
Though the first moment I felt old was before even that. A few years back I was on vacation with a lot of the extended family. I was helping my sister's boyfriend's 15 year old niece rent a jet-ski and a boy in a college t-shirt on the beach started walking towards her. I managed to turn a frat boy away from a girl in a bikini with just one look.
That was awesome.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Now you get to decide things like....
- Should I buy that paintball gun or a new toilet?
- Should I mow the lawn now or let it grown another week so I can go play?
- Holy crap that's expensive. Who do I know that can do that or am I skilled (/dumb?) enough to try doing that myself.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

i bought my house because there was a room that would be perfect for my lego collection as well as a detached garage for my cars and two detached workshops, one for bikes and the other is going to be dedicated to paintball.

sadly, i have owned the place since march, but i still havent moved in yet. the down side to getting a house that was built in 1850, lots of renovation work needed. once i get the house done, or at least livable, i can start on the garage and workshops, if i dont build my outdoor kitchen first, lol.

did i mention that i am broke and overly optimistic? lol
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post

did i mention that i am broke and overly optimistic? lol
I don't know how many unfinished projects are collecting dust around my house...and how many hundreds wasted. I would love to find property around here with all those spare buildings, but land in Oregon is so expensive. For what I can afford, it is either a nice house on a lot in a small (poor) town, or a few acres with a trailer on it.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
C'mon Man!

Send a message via AIM to subyrally

i got lucky with my house, i only paid $104k for it, the next house over was also build in 1850 by the same person. but every other house on the street is $300k or more, so yeah, it was this or a tiny row house in town with no land or parking, ill take the renovations over being crammed into a tiny house in downtown, lol.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
dont sweat it man... I got married, knocked out a couple kids, bought a house and started holding down a career all in the last 5 years but have always phased in an out of hobbies. the fact that you had to give up bowling for kayaking shows you have a wide array of fun stuff going on in your life. Cutting down to 10 PB markers while you figure your life out doesnt mean you wont be back
Old 12-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
Grew up, just didn't get married and have kids. I work with some of the high school graduates of this town, there is no way you can say you love your kids and send them to school in this here. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat