mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   crap... I think I grew up (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/247291-crap-i-think-i-grew-up.html)

K_Obeastly 12-09-2013 11:48 PM

crap... I think I grew up

So I started building a touring bike (soma saga) and had the intentions of it being the winter project. I planned on selling 10-15 guns throughout the winter to fund it but have somehow ended up buying a house (not really somehow, new upstairs neighbors(when you keep your kid up running around untill 3 in the morning you know his membership in the bright shiny future club is already prepaid)plus the mortgage is cheaper than rent) and am now looking at things I never thought I'd buy. I went to a deathmetal show last week and now I'm looking at energy effecient windows...WTF? I may end up selling more guns than originally intended just for more creature comforts. I could even cut the collection down to 10 or so.

jellyghost 12-09-2013 11:57 PM

I like this...
Did you get a good shop space for your pb fiddling? Basement shooting range?

*Self_DeFenCe* 12-10-2013 12:31 AM

Don't worry once you'll be settled in, you have more space for hoarding paintball guns!

Alive 12-10-2013 12:46 AM

I know the feeling. Most of my recent internet tomfoolery hAs centered around hardwood floors and bathroom fixtures.... It's actually fun in a wow I will be broke for quite a while sort of way.

K_Obeastly 12-10-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellyghost (Post 2859534)
I like this...
Did you get a good shop space for your pb fiddling? Basement shooting range?

Not really, I forgoed...forwent...I scratched the garage for another bedroom and bathroom. Probably a bad move since it means the kayak will still be in the living room even after buying a house. It does have a shed but it's pretty rickity and will eventually be accompanied or replaced by a nicer unit. Anyway I think most of my PB fiddling/tinkering is over. At least for now. I'm about an hour and a half from any fields and really don't know anyone that plays around here. I kept it up for a couple years after leaving Springfield but I kind of fizzled out. Sometimes I get the mechanical freestyle I was working on out and go over it again but until I have a lathe that won't get finished.

oh and it already has hardwood floors, I just gotta pull up some carpet. Was kind of a requirement with a jack russell, she sheds bad.

K_Obeastly 12-10-2013 02:07 AM

And I may as well b()tch about the neighbors that finally got me to move out. I work nights, I sleep days. The new neighbor might put it 20 hours a week at DQ. He spends the rest of his time on his rap album and despite not being able to get through a whole verse w/o cutting and pasting it together thinks that everyone wants to hear it. You get to hear the same verse of the same song, often times for multiple hours. Yes, he's that bad, it can take him that long to get a verse recorded right. And while living in an air conditioned apartment (most likely also wiping with 2 ply) he has constructed his masterpiece "behind these cell walls." I've really been thankful for the bearing that is going out on my dryer for drowning him out. While he does this in the master bedroom, his baby momma and child run and stomp around the living room and kitchen for hours on end.

I'm sorry to keep harping on it but the making of the album would be hilarious if I didn't live under it and wasn't condemned to still be there until closing in 20 more days. I do have one neighbor I get along with and actually invited him over to hear some of it last week. I don't know the words but it went like this:

duh duh duh duh duh dedoo duh duh (use high pitched voice) a'ight
duh dedooouh damnit,

start over
duh duh duh dee...AAAHHH!!! UHHH!!!

start over
duh duh duh doh...

forget DMX and his "uuuuhhhh" and screw juvinile ending every line with "eh" so that it rhymes, this guy uses two syllables and he is where it's at...a'ight

I'm sorry, I have tried to record it but it just hasn't taken on my phone and I don't have a microphone for the computer

DashHopes 12-10-2013 09:10 AM

You're an old man now lol.

I left the last piece of cake for my daughter. Years ago I would have woofed it down.

Keys_JR 12-10-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DashHopes (Post 2859686)
You're an old man now lol.

I left the last piece of cake for my daughter. Years ago I would have woofed it down.

My father still wouldn't do such a thing. I'm pretty sure he would race me to the fridge if he could still beat me!:ROTFL:

bellicose 12-10-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Obeastly (Post 2859529)
I went to a deathmetal show last week and now I'm looking at energy effecient windows...WTF?

I laughed. Funny how our priorities change over time. I would really like to get a new house, and would look forward to getting new appliances and furniture....

Fubarius 12-10-2013 11:04 PM

The crashed housing market turned a lot of us into sudden homeowners. (what? I can buy a house for less than my rent now?!? Sure, sign me up...)

Though the first moment I felt old was before even that. A few years back I was on vacation with a lot of the extended family. I was helping my sister's boyfriend's 15 year old niece rent a jet-ski and a boy in a college t-shirt on the beach started walking towards her. I managed to turn a frat boy away from a girl in a bikini with just one look.