mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Guilty Pleasures (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/247428-guilty-pleasures.html)

Steven_Spinosa 12-12-2013 01:05 PM

Guilty Pleasures

I rail against GMO foods, HFCS, and so on. I try to cook light meals with thin-cut steaks, scallions, quinoa, yadda yadda... I am 32 years old.
-but-
If you put me in a room with a box of Cocoa Pebbles and a gallon of milk I will rapidly consume the whole damned thing. I can't be stopped. It's pretty gross.
I only let myself do this once a year.

Ok, I've really left myself open here, what's one of yours?

Danny D 12-12-2013 01:12 PM

Baklava.

Its horrible how much I can down. Honey+ phyllo = heaven.

DashHopes 12-12-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny D (Post 2861102)
Baklava.

Its horrible how much I can down. Honey+ phyllo = heaven.

I like bee vomit also.

Buck 12-12-2013 01:49 PM

I gave up drinking soda. I've been pretty strong for the last few years (minus special occasions) but that pink ginger ale always gets me :( It is too good!

Wraith 12-12-2013 01:51 PM

Goldfish crackers. Man, I can be good all year, stick to my diet, not feel the need to munch on pastries or soda... but leave a box of Goldfish in the room, and I'll be absentmindedly stuffing them in my face before an hour's out.

snaparen 12-12-2013 02:14 PM

I have no guilt about anything I eat. If I like it, I eat it, and portion control means nothing to me.
I too can kill a box of goldfish crackers in a matter of minutes, that's good stuff there.

Now I am genetically blessed/cursed with a thin build. I find it very hard to gain weight. I have cut back, as I have grown older, the sizes of my meals or how many meals I eat a day(I went from 4 full meals, to 2 a day). I do however binge snack from time to time. Certain foods in front of me, regardless of if I am hungry or not, I will eat non stop until they are gone. They are in no particular order:
Goldfish crackers
Vinegar and salt potato chips
Hearsey kisses
Fresh cheese curds(preferably from Mars Cheese Castle in Racine WI)
But I never feel guilty about food, unless I stole it, which I have not done since I was a small child and stole thin mints from my Dad's personal stash.

Donut SD 12-12-2013 02:17 PM

warm tortilla with mayonnaise, bacon, and tapatio hot sauce.

Or

Buttered Pan de Sal with hot chocolate.

Skipdogg 12-12-2013 02:24 PM

Taco Bell

astr0xz0mbie 12-12-2013 02:31 PM

guava and cream cheese stuffed pastries mmmmmm

Falcon16 12-12-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipdogg (Post 2861147)
Taco Bell

This. Only have it once in a while and I keep telling myself that oh you'll pay for it later (grease always gets me in the end gives me the :censored:s usually) but i can't help myself I go near one and see the menu and it's like ahhhh crap 2 chili cheese burritos with a fries supreme here I come