mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
I have a Phantom

Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre
This boards taste in movies disturbs me.

TF
Not as disturbing as some of the people from Texas they allow to join this forum
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Best part was some of the previews are not in the movie. I loved that albeit I waited for them which I hate to do. The jesus think was funny to me sorry I am a heathen, it went a tad too far but I like "Baby Jesus" too.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to komodo Send a message via Yahoo to komodo

"Dear 8 pound, 6 ounce baby jesus..."

lol. Yea, it did get taken a tad too far, but it was funny. Its not like it was purely anti semitic or anything. I see worse on TV of people poking fun at Jews or Muslims. Heck, sometimes even Family Guy or South Park when they get carried away with poking fun at our religion.

...especially those llamas that associate with asssfruit, I mean, bananas.
komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I saw it in Gastonia, NC, where parts of it were filmed. The theater had the windows painted with a checkered flag theme and "Talladega Nights" written everywhere. There was even a PS2 with NASCAR 2006 on a bigscreen TV in the lobby, surrounded by old Goodyear racing slicks. Needless to say, it was packed and we had to come back for a later showing. I thought it was good and it was kind of cool to watch a movie where you could identify things in the background (most of which my girlfriend had to point out to me since she lives there and I don't), but I wouldn't rate it as high as Anchorman.

I found the "Baby Jesus" references offensive but I'll admit that I had to try hard to stop myself from laughing, especially at the one where Ricky's friend comments that he pictures Him "singing lead for Lynyrd Skynyrd in this angel-wing costume...and I'm in the front row and hammered drunk!" It's also kind of ironic that most of the people who mentioned they found it offensive didn't even bother to capitalize His name.

Anyway, I would say it's definately worth going to see.
paint magnet is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat