-   General Chat (
-   -   FIRST Robotics Competition (

uniwersel 03-05-2014 01:28 AM

FIRST Robotics Competition
Is anyone else involved in this, or any of FIRST's other events? I joined my school's FRC team around 6 months ago, and it is by far the best thing I've ever done with my life. The program ranges from elementary school students building Lego robots, all the way to high school students building 120 pound machines to compete with. It allows you to have hands on experience in engineering, and even beyond that through leadership and learning to work as a team.

If you are, or have, a student and are even remotely interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) I would greatly suggest looking into FIRST. Teams are always looking for mentors as well, and knowing all the great minds that reside here on MCB, I'm sure someone here would be interested in being involved in this organization. If you'd like anymore information is the place to visit. It'd be really cool to see how many members here are involved in FIRST, as I'm sure there are at least a few.

SlvrDragon50 03-05-2014 02:35 AM

I always thought about doing it, but none of the schools around me did it. Was going to try my hand at battlebots too.

Old IOG member was very active with FIRST in his region.

Keys_JR 03-05-2014 03:10 AM

None of the schools around me did FIRST. In university I got involved with the MATE ROV competition.

MATE - Marine Advanced Technology Education :: ROV Competition

ogti9g9 03-05-2014 07:12 AM

I did it for a year at my school. Lost interest the second year however.