mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I feel as though funding a KS project, while not guaranteed, is 100x safer than funding any paintball related pre-order threads on any forum.

Creators cant hide behind their avatars and their feelings and are compelled to finish the job. Or at least risk reputational risk of a larger magnitude and/or someone stealing their idea and actually finishing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Paying for the promise of a product to be delivered in the future has a poor history on this board
Old 03-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
I feel as though funding a KS project, while not guaranteed, is 100x safer than funding any paintball related pre-order threads on any forum.

Creators cant hide behind their avatars and their feelings and are compelled to finish the job. Or at least risk reputational risk of a larger magnitude and/or someone stealing their idea and actually finishing it.
yeah, i've only ever pre-ordered anything on here once, and even though it worked, i still wouldn't do it again.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah if I had a ton of disposable cash

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t?ref=category
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
that reminds me. we had a blackout at our apt and there were 4 of us. 3 of us used flash lights. the last 1 took out a candle.

really? fire hazard when the alarms out out? i lent him a spare light. wtf.

you won't charge through usb during a blackout. i'd stick with a dynamo light in populated areas and fire outdoors.
I REALLY hope you are joking.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Yeah if I had a ton of disposable cash

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t?ref=category
I'll be kicking them $5 at least. That kind of thing doesn't need massive input from any one person, but rather small dollar input from a ton of people who support preserving such a historic piece of equipment.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
GMO Population control

I have backed a few kickstarter projects and it has worked out quite well. Basically, you put up a credit card through Amazon. If the project makes the required financial goal on time, your card is charged and the project moves forward. If the goal is not met, no charge and the project is cancelled. There is one I am backing right now, because I know and have raced with this guy and want to see what they do. Here's a link:Link
Emotional pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
i think the phantom needle is in my arm for good now..
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
I'll be kicking them $5 at least. That kind of thing doesn't need massive input from any one person, but rather small dollar input from a ton of people who support preserving such a historic piece of equipment.
Yeah but I want the ride
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

I am planning a kickstarter with a friend right now, but after research, am hesitating. The tax liabilities are tricky. If you are not a business, you may not get to deduct any of the cost from the project, so basically you give people rewards, do all the work, and have little if anything to show for it.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
that reminds me. we had a blackout at our apt and there were 4 of us. 3 of us used flash lights. the last 1 took out a candle.

really? fire hazard when the alarms out out? i lent him a spare light. wtf.

you won't charge through usb during a blackout. i'd stick with a dynamo light in populated areas and fire outdoors.
What's wrong with candles when done correctly? No batteries to die, keep a good supply and you are fine. Or even a lantern is nice.
And why don't your fire alarms have batteries that are up to date? Or fire suppression system if it is in an apartment building?

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
He must feel that somehow people have become incapable of using a candle without it getting out of control and starting a fire.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat