mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kickstarter Projects Thread

I did a word search and couldn't find anything.

How come we don't have a thread for this? I feel like I miss out on so many cool projects. Ranging from gaming to fashion to gadgets.

Anyone else feel that way?

Stuff like this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-ligh?ref=live

Any chance that we can keep this thread going with "cool" projects? We can also use the thread to discuss them or anything related.

Thoughts?
Old 03-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Paying for the promise of a product to be delivered in the future has a poor history on this board
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
I did a word search and couldn't find anything.

How come we don't have a thread for this? I feel like I miss out on so many cool projects. Ranging from gaming to fashion to gadgets.

Anyone else feel that way?

Stuff like this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-ligh?ref=live

Any chance that we can keep this thread going with "cool" projects? We can also use the thread to discuss them or anything related.

Thoughts?
Good idea.

I feel I miss out on seeing lots of cool projects because thier silly site only wants me to see the projects they like. I would rather see all of them from the start and I will decide what I would like to look knto further. I get the distinct feeling the ones that are most popular and pushed are the ones that are kicking back to the site. Like google ads in you searches.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

"signal light," waterproof, floats, all very versatile for outdoor stranded individuals.

narrated by someone who overdosed on anesthetics.

advertised usages are all urban.

needs to charge through usb.

god damn hipsters ****ed up something with potential again.

Last edited by heinous; 03-16-2014 at 06:01 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
wait it charges through usb? does that mean i can charge it from my wind up radio that has a phone charge port?

That is Canada, Simba. You must never go there
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~FinSec
Always remember, If it has tits or tires, its going to give you trouble.

my feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lukster14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Might be better off as a subforum, but would depend on how much general interest there is in sharing things.

Not sure what the best way to handle it is to be honest. A single thread really would be more of a 'dump and forget' kind of deal, as two or three interesting projects generating discussion in it would quickly drown out the point of being able to share new things.

Maybe just an agreed format in a subforum, all titles get a tag [tech], [game], [paintball], and the project title. That way each project gets any of its discussion contained inside it, and doesn't step on the toes of discussions on other projects.

Currently the next one I'm backing is going to be: connect-your-hd-camcorder-to-your-raspberry-pi as I'm looking at building a distributed video switcher that can work with cheap cameras. I'm hoping that the Pi, combined with that, would give me enough number crunching power to make a feed-processor for each camera in the system, and then we just add more 'nodes' to when/if we get additional cameras. (And as a bonus make use of cheap standard ethernet for connecting remote cameras to the system rather than dodgy/expensive long run HDMI) Buying a dedicated hardware switcher for posting up live feeds of games isn't cheap. $1000 for a 4 HD channel deal that needs a software interface has been the best alternative I've found so far.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukster14 View Post
wait it charges through usb? does that mean i can charge it from my wind up radio that has a phone charge port?
only if your wire isn't torn/lost/left behind
Old 03-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
true. i like fire better anyhow

That is Canada, Simba. You must never go there
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~FinSec
Always remember, If it has tits or tires, its going to give you trouble.

my feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
lukster14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Valid points, Luckless.

I know this community is motivated to share stuff when it wants too. I see all the ebay / CL links being posted up..... I mean I know this is a paintball forum and all lol...

But if we can agree on a format, it might be really cool. I am mad I missed out the Mighty9 and the Star Civilian projects and a few cool others as well.

I am not even talking about promoting or funding these projects but it would make for cool discussion points / topics at very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Might be better off as a subforum, but would depend on how much general interest there is in sharing things.

Not sure what the best way to handle it is to be honest. A single thread really would be more of a 'dump and forget' kind of deal, as two or three interesting projects generating discussion in it would quickly drown out the point of being able to share new things.

Maybe just an agreed format in a subforum, all titles get a tag [tech], [game], [paintball], and the project title. That way each project gets any of its discussion contained inside it, and doesn't step on the toes of discussions on other projects.

Currently the next one I'm backing is going to be: connect-your-hd-camcorder-to-your-raspberry-pi as I'm looking at building a distributed video switcher that can work with cheap cameras. I'm hoping that the Pi, combined with that, would give me enough number crunching power to make a feed-processor for each camera in the system, and then we just add more 'nodes' to when/if we get additional cameras. (And as a bonus make use of cheap standard ethernet for connecting remote cameras to the system rather than dodgy/expensive long run HDMI) Buying a dedicated hardware switcher for posting up live feeds of games isn't cheap. $1000 for a 4 HD channel deal that needs a software interface has been the best alternative I've found so far.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukster14 View Post
true. i like fire better anyhow
that reminds me. we had a blackout at our apt and there were 4 of us. 3 of us used flash lights. the last 1 took out a candle.

really? fire hazard when the alarms out out? i lent him a spare light. wtf.

you won't charge through usb during a blackout. i'd stick with a dynamo light in populated areas and fire outdoors.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat