mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #151 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
I used to spend hundreds of dollars on boosters when I started to get one card. Found it cheaper in the end to spend $40 on the 4 cards I needed lol.
That is what I do as well. I sort threw all my cards and find out what kind of works in a deck, then I look up in the deck tester online to cards that match keywords I looking for. I never really have too much luck with booster packs in pulling anything good. I have yet to even pull a planeswalker.....ever. I do manage to get dual lands now and then.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #152 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
DashHopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec Canada

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by elraido View Post
That is what I do as well. I sort threw all my cards and find out what kind of works in a deck, then I look up in the deck tester online to cards that match keywords I looking for. I never really have too much luck with booster packs in pulling anything good. I have yet to even pull a planeswalker.....ever. I do manage to get dual lands now and then.
I remember when Onslaught came out, I wanted an Arcanis the Omnipotent really bad, so I bought one box and didn't get one, my friends all pulled one from their box. So I crumbled and opened another box, and nothing!! Guys would come in buy a booster and pull one and I would be like "WTF." So I would working the store and get bored and take my chances and open some more Onslaught boosters in the hopes of getting one and nope. Then my buddy comes in buys one booster right after me and pulls Arcanis! I was so pissed off. Never been so frustrated over a card before lol. In the end I traded off a lot of those Onslaught cards I opened to get my Arcanis.
__________________
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #153 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Murph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern New Hampshire

Fan of EMR
If you wanna hate me, with Born Of The Gods, I got a Brimaz in my booster box. I didn't have any use for it and I didn't see it going up in value so I traded it off with some other stuff for a booster box of Theros. I pulled a foil thoughtseize and a bunch of other really good cards from it. Then I go to a sealed event and pull another Brimaz.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Love how the thread got de-railed to incestuous relations and soldering brass tubes together. Classic MCB at it's finest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #154 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern MN

When we play, we normally have an ante of one pack. Winner gets first card of three packs, runner up gets first card out of two packs, so on and so on. One time, the guy opens up his pack and there is an Erebos. Next pack he opens, whip of erebos. It is funny how that happens...
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #155 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
DashHopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec Canada

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
When I opened my magic store I used to save 1 booster from each box. I did this for a few years. I guess I should look for that box and see what boosters I have from what sets lol. Should be Ice Age, The Dark and up.
__________________
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #156 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
When I opened my magic store I used to save 1 booster from each box. I did this for a few years. I guess I should look for that box and see what boosters I have from what sets lol. Should be Ice Age, The Dark and up.
......I wouldn't mind buying some of the packs.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #157 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Pump_Action_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009

I've been playing every day this past week...

Meh, better than vidiot games I suppose.

I dropped a bunch of cash and bought a 2014 core set. Came up with some nice cards and I was able to make a pretty mean black deck. By no means the best around but if I get cards out fast then it does the job.

I got 2 planes walkers, the red one and the white one. No gods, some nice devils.

Gonna try out my newly re-furbished mono red deck in about an hour...

Oh, and I made a half decent green and red sliver deck, gonna look to make that a little more potent here soon.

*The local store has another core set... I might buy that too... I may have a problem....
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #158 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
freedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: jerzzeeee shore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump_Action_Prophet View Post
*The local store has another core set... I might buy that too... I may have a problem....
journey to nyx will be released in about a week.
save funds for some of that...
__________________
'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.' - Edmund Burke

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barack Hussein Obama = Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated Upon the American People

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #159 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Pump_Action_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009

Thanks for the info!
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #160 (permalink)
Handgoon
 
skullcandy1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, ON

Brass N Wood Fan
check out sites like mythicspoiler.com for updates on all the most recent sets. Journey into Nyx has been fully spoiled at this point.
__________________

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC