mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Law
Geek

Played from 93-2007ish, but ended up selling all but a few decks. Great game, like paintball I feel like even if you stop playing, the addition just lays dormant rather than ever going away. I think I just ran out of time and motivation to organize and build once I had kids.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Started playing back in 94 or so, around the time of Fallen Empires. In college I referred to it as my "two booster pack a day habit". Had quite the powerful collection, even a full Alliances set. Still giggle when I remember the late night in a back room of the campus RPG/Card shop when I pulled off a Fast Bond, full Urza land set, Hallowed Ground, Farrelite Priest, Glacial Chasm, Rocket Launcher combo. Infinite damage to all creatures and players in a 6 person free for all game.

Then came the terrible tale of Tax Season 1997, where I rather unexpectedly found myself owing Uncle Sam a surprisingly large chunk of cash. A stack of rares as long as my forearm had to be liquidated in a hurry. A sad, sad day. The collection never fully recovered. But over the years I've picked up a few cards here and there. The new pre-constructed decks are great, especially when the newer nerfed cards get swapped with some nice classics

I don't follow the scene like I did back in the day. Heck, couldn't even tell you what "format" we play, it's just grab whatever cards you got and build some decks.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Is there an online site or downloadable game of mtg for mac? I looked into it a few years ago but I couldn't find one.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #24 (permalink)

magic the gathering online. check wizards of the coast main site.
slingshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
First Mate

I used to play a lot. I started during revised and have boxes of cards sitting around now. I should really go through them and sell them...

I have been playing Hearthstone lately (Blizzards new game), and it is really great. Everything you learned from M:TG transfers over.

ThickChestHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #26 (permalink)

Card board crack.....
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #27 (permalink)

I played in middle and high school but never got into tournaments or anything.
Can't remember who, but I ended up selling my collection, but for a couple decks, to an MCBer a couple years ago.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
MTG biggest regret: Had to be 1993, I walk into my favorite hobby shop to buy some new D'N'D stuff. I see a gang sitting around a table playing this new card game? The owner comes up to me and says its this new card game that just came out called Magic The Gathering. He says its sort of like D'n'D but in a card game. I watch them playing with these cards called "Black lotus" and "Mox's" to apparently speed up the game? I'm like naw it doesnt look like a game for me, i'll stick to D'n'D.............................

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
MTG biggest regret: Had to be 1993, I walk into my favorite hobby shop to buy some new D'N'D stuff. I see a gang sitting around a table playing this new card game? The owner comes up to me and says its this new card game that just came out called Magic The Gathering. He says its sort of like D'n'D but in a card game. I watch them playing with these cards called "Black lotus" and "Mox's" to apparently speed up the game? I'm like naw it doesnt look like a game for me, i'll stick to D'n'D.............................
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...s/e/e1/Doh.jpg
Or in my case, I thought the Spellfire card game was better and more fun....and that MTG wasn't as good (even though I never played it). So I would buy the Spellfire cards over the MTG.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Played all through high school ,and then sold all the cards I owned. I used the funds to buy my first AR15 (Armalite National Match). My buddy still has all the cards I sold him, and a bunch of them I know are now worth some money. My son got into playing as well for a bit and I would play with him, but he fell out of playing too.
JTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat