mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #61 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizle View Post
its all relative! I mean I just finished foiling 2 of my EDH decks (cause im a moron)... so sure each of those has ~3k invested in it.... but a new player can also go buy one of the precon commander decks and switch out 10-20 cards and be quite competitive in the format.
This is absolutely true. I bought one of the precon decks myself (Esper lifegain). Super fun deck to play, and works very well if you give it enough time. I am building an artifact EDH deck as well.

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #62 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
the concept that a deck full of "one-ofs" can somehow be competitive would be laughable ten years ago.

EDH made that stack of barely-playable rares into a fun and friendly format.
its still laughable. commander/edh is NOT a competitive format. its a casual game where aggression is frowned upon. thats why i dont play it. for me the fun comes from the pressure of your opponent(s) and overcoming. even when i play casually pussyfooting your play is frowned upon, if you dont attack and dont have a reason youre just sandbagging the game. just win or lose, shuffle them up and play again.

building a 60 card highlander deck is doable, and not un-fun, you just lose consistency.

that being said, i like to play sealed 40 card decks, you dont get too many duplicates in that format, and its quite competitive. plus i dont want to spend thousands on cards to keep my decks playable. i just drop my $25 and see how my night goes.

anyone in the chicago area that plays at FNM?
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #63 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

I don't know what circles you're playing commander in, but where I play being aggressive certainly isn't frowned upon. And a few tutors really helps with consistency.

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:21 PM   #64 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkriverracing View Post
I gave up when they switched the design of the cards I personally hate the design of the new cards but I probably still have 4 or 5 card boxes full of magic from beta all the way to the invasion series (right around the time i stopped buying) I also Have a binder with all my arabian knights series cards, almost a complete set from what I can remember with alot of multiples (which will probably be burried with me) haven't played for years but now im wanting to dig this stuff outta my moms basement next time im visiting her. I actually started playing Mageknight after magic but quickly lost interest in that...If anyone is interested I may be looking to get rid of the mageknight stuff, i don't have much as far as rare characters but I do have a Veratrix (who I have destroyed other armies with)
The beta and knights prices have dropped to about nothing now and I wouldn't mind extending my collecting farther into earlier sets...just saying

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #65 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFishy View Post
The beta prices have dropped to about nothing now?
Dropped . If you consider a $1999.99 Ancestral Recall dropped or a $4500.00 Black Lotus from beta dropped, you have very deep pockets lol.
Heck even $50 to $300ish dollars for some of the Arabian Nights cards. Wish I never did sell off my Library of Alexandria.

Unless there is a Beta magekights you're talking about. If so kindly disregard this post.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014

Last edited by DashHopes; 03-27-2014 at 06:40 AM.
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #66 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Dropped . If you consider a $1999.99 Ancestral Recall dropped or a $4500.00 Black Lotus from beta dropped, you have very deep pockets lol.
Heck even $50 to $300ish dollars for some of the Arabian Nights cards. Wish I never did sell off my Library of Alexandria.

Unless there is a Beta magekights you're talking about. If so kindly disregard this post.
and odds of someone play with a beta or alpha card not going to happen. i also knew someone that took alpha Chaos Orb ripped all up and then flip to destroy all other players card. and yes i was okay at Sanctioned event since wizard had there official judge there to okay it. and yes it was after Antiquities came out. also did for fact he had 4 of them and want to show company be careful on what rules you put on card.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:50 AM   #67 (permalink)
Handgoon

Brass N Wood Fan
Yeah I play, mostly commander, but I've also got a pair of modern decks (UWR Delver and Boros Burn) and I just finished building a peasant cube so hopefully my group is going to be drafting that fairly often.

MY FEEDBACK
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #68 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You guys.....you missed the whole point of my post.

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
and odds of someone play with a beta or alpha card not going to happen. i also knew someone that took alpha Chaos Orb ripped all up and then flip to destroy all other players card. and yes i was okay at Sanctioned event since wizard had there official judge there to okay it. and yes it was after Antiquities came out. also did for fact he had 4 of them and want to show company be careful on what rules you put on card.
Heheh. That's an awesome way to think outside the box.

I recall also reading that in response some of the players in the tournament obtained pencil boards with straps on them as soon as possible so that their "table" surface would be vertical. Not sure about that part, but the way the metagame moves is half the fun.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post

I don't really understand the last sentence in your post Mageknight is a completely different game. And your pricing seems high to me I had 2 black lotus' and sold them for 400 a piece around the time the invasion series was released, if they are worth 4500 now thats a crazy jump, I am definitely going to have to find my arabian album and put her on display on my coffee table lol. I wonder if unglued is worth anything I have a complete set of them as well back when I was buying packs of unglued for 2 bucks a piece lol
chalkriverracing is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat