mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Neither physical nor phycological health are the domain of anyone other the person concernned and the health care professionals treating them. Anyone attemting to exact policy based on an unqualified unsolicited interest can find themselves in a legal mess.

The lone exception to this rule is "danger to oneself or others". This danger must be established by a qualified health care professional.

Yale has a top notch legal program. The administration shoul have consulted with them before threatening expulsion. This will end poorly for the university.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
Okay. I feel like everybody here is missing the problem that Yale is attempting to address, which is that they are in fact responsible for her health while she is living there "under their care" meaning that if they are told that someone has a disorder, or that someone might, they are required by law to take care of the person in whatever way they see fit.

Am I saying they're right for forcing this girl to gain weight? no. Are the right to be looking out for their students? Yes. For example, if a college gets a phone call from someone that says "I think that so and so is a suicide risk" they are legally required to go get that person immediately and do everything in their power to make sure that person is not endangering themselves.

assuming that I just went full on babble mode, tl;dr they're not as in the wrong as you all seem to think, though they are screwing up. and YES if someone is morbidly obese, a college is required to work with that student, not just anorexic students.

feedback

http://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.

Last edited by CJOttawa; 04-13-2014 at 04:29 PM.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
would they take the same approach with a morbidly obese student if they did not loose weight?
yup that was my thoughts as well....i guess it all stems form assumptions/stero types/and the nanny state i see devolping...FYI i have no political objective.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

they need her to grow bigger so that she will be too big for fellow depraved colleagues to rape, murder, and then stuff her body behind a wall

i think yale's been wanting to keep things "in order" that they don't really care about "you" anymore.

Last edited by heinous; 04-09-2014 at 09:46 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
Quite different from my college experience. Granted, it was some time ago, but you could smoke on campus, alcohol was served in the student activities center and I lost my virginity in a college dorm room. College sounds a lot less fun now.
It was 10 years ago that I graduated, but I believe the school still has the same rules. Doesn't mean it never happens, of course...oh the shenanigans we used to get into.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Sad thing about the BMI dealio is that many doctors still go by it. I haven't had a physical in a while, but they still used that to classify me. It's unfortunate that it's still being acknowledged by the medical profession as being an accurate tool of diagnosis.

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

land of the free?

/scamper

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
No class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
land of the free?

/scamper
Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
As bad as US gun laws are, thank God we can still shoot at RC planes with machineguns.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
White people don't understand asians.

When my coworker's son was a baby, the pediatrician decided to run tests because they though he had jaundice. Didn't matter mom was Laotian, cause baby looked like a white kid with jaundice.

My Japanese neighbor was investigated for child abuse because the day care worker found bruises all over thier daughters butt. Took months before they accepted it was just normal asian blue baby butt. (mongolian spot)
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
White people don't understand asians.

When my coworker's son was a baby, the pediatrician decided to run tests because they though he had jaundice. Didn't matter mom was Laotian, cause baby looked like a white kid with jaundice.

My Japanese neighbor was investigated for child abuse because the day care worker found bruises all over thier daughters butt. Took months before they accepted it was just normal asian blue baby butt. (mongolian spot)
forget ethnicity. women have different heart attack symptoms than men, and it's still not widespread knowledge... but everyone knows when a man's left arm hurts a heart attack is coming, and they assume that's the only thing to look for in anybody.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

its shame how some place will have special rules and it harms people for it.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat